Diana de Brito is a partner in the transactions group, dividing her time between an investment management practice and other corporate and securities matters. Working with a wide range of investment managers, investment banks, broker-dealers, and public and private companies, Diana:
•advises participants in the investment management industry, focusing on transactional, disclosure, compliance and regulatory matters involving hedge funds and other alternative investment vehicles;
•counsels clients in the trading of distressed securities and has extensive experience in corporate restructurings and related transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions for businesses in the investment management, energy, pharmaceutical, information outsourcing and other industries;
•represents companies, underwriters, placement agents and other participants in connection with sophisticated private and public equity and debt offerings, and;
•assists a range of clients in corporate governance and compliance and contract negotiation and drafting, including the start-up and operation of not-for-profit entities.
Diana is an active member of 100 Women in Hedge Funds and Women in the Boardroom. She has authored numerous articles on subjects including SEC disclosure, executive compensation and joint ventures, and has been recognized by Finance Monthly, Euromoney Guide to the World's Leading Corporate Governance Lawyers and Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll.
Diana received a J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center and a B.A., cum laude, from Yale University. She is a member of the New York City, District of Columbia and American Bar Associations (Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities), and is admitted to practice in the State of New York and in the District of Columbia. Diana speaks Portuguese and French and is a dual U.S.-Brazilian citizen.
Clients & Friends Memos
• The Dodd-Frank Act: How It Impacts Specific Institutions, Entities and Transactions Jun 22, 2011
• The Directive on Alternative Investment Fund Managers: Implications For Non-European Investment Managers Dec 17, 2010
• Hedge Fund Regulation Under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Jul 20, 2010
• Over-the-Counter Derivatives Markets Act of 2009 Aug 20, 2009
• Obama Proposal for Regulatory Reform as It Relates to OTC Derivatives Markets Jun 22, 2009
• The Obama Administration's Financial Regulatory Reform Proposal Jun 22, 2009
• The Obama Administration's Financial Regulatory Reform Proposal and Its Impact on the Securitization Markets Jun 22, 2009
• Obama Administration's Financial Regulatory Reform Proposal Introduced Jun 17, 2009
• MFA Compliance 2014 May 07, 2014
• Managed Funds Association's Compliance 2013 Nov 07, 2013
• Managed Funds Association's Outlook 2013 Oct 17, 2013