Diane E. Vuocolo focuses her practice in the areas of commercial litigation, business reorganization, corporate work-outs and restructurings, bankruptcy law, loan restructurings, loan documentation, receiverships, restructuring distressed debt situations, and foreclosure litigation. Her clients include financial institutions, DIP lenders, leasing entities, creditors' committees, bankruptcy trustees, debtors, majority shareholders, guarantors, examiners, secured creditors and trade creditors. Diane is also experienced representing various constituencies in airline/aviation bankruptcy cases. She is a mediator on the approved list for the Delawarebankruptcy courts. Diane is the former chair of the Bankruptcy Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association and a former member of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey Lawyer Advisory Committee. She has also served as bankruptcy trustee in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
Areas of Concentration
· Bankruptcy law
- Airline/aviation bankruptcy
- Pharmaceutical/life sciences
- Casino and gaming industry
· Television broadcasting
· Ponzi cases
· Commercial litigation
· Loan restructurings
· Out-of-court restructurings and workouts
· Foreclosure litigation
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
· Member, Camden County Bar Association, Creditor-Debtor Committee
· Member, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Bankruptcy Conference
· Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Bankruptcy Law Section
- Former Chair
- General Counsel Delegate
- First Vice Chair, 2004-2006
- Second Vice Chair, 2002-2004
- Vice Chair, 2000-2002
- Treasurer, 1998-2000
- Secretary, 1996-1998
· Member, Organization of Insolvency Lawyers of The Third Circuit
- Member, Steering Committee
- Member, Judicial Conference, Bankruptcy Component, Program Committee, 2005-2006
-- Co-Chair, Educational-Bankruptcy Program, 2005-2006
· Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
· Member, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey, Lawyers' Advisory Committee to the Board of Bankruptcy Judges
- Subcommittee, Chapter 11 Rules and Chapter 11 Practice and Procedures to Lawyers Advisory Committee
Awards & Recognition
· Recipient, Lexology's Client Choice Award USA & Canada, Insolvency & Restructuring, Pennsylvania, 2013
· Member, Winning Team, U.S. News - Best Lawyers "Law Firm of the Year" in Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency & Reorganization Law and Litigation - Bankruptcy, 2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2007-2013
· Listed, The Legal 500 United States, 2012
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2011
· Appointed Member, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey
- Lawyers' Advisory Committee, 1997-2000, 2003-2004, 2006-2008
- Judicial Merit Selection Committee, 2006
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Acted as lead attorney representing agent of bank in connection with syndicated credits in various industries.
· Acted as bankruptcy counsel representing bankruptcy trustee in the Pappas Telecasting, Inc. et al. bankruptcy case filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
· Acted as special litigation counsel representing the bankruptcy trustee in the bankruptcy case of Solomon Dwek, who engaged in a Ponzi scheme, in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey.
· Acted as bankruptcy counsel representing the official committee of unsecured creditors in the Chapter 11 case of Werner Ladder Corporation, filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
· Acted as bankruptcy counsel representing the bankruptcy trustee in the Tower Air, Inc. bankruptcy case filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
· Acted as bankruptcy counsel representing the bankruptcy trustee in Kiwi Airlines.
· Acted as bankruptcy counsel to majority shareholder in THCR/LP Corporation (Trump Casino).
· Acted as counsel to several financial institutions and leasing entities as it relates rights in bankruptcy concerning the airline/aviation industry.
· Acted as counsel to owner/participant for aircraft in the Mesa Airbus case.
· Acted as counsel to owner/trustee for aircraft in the United Airlines case.
· Acted as counsel to lending institutions/lessors of aircrafts in Aloha Airlines case.
· Acted as counsel to lenders relating to credit facilities and letters of credit extended to various airlines.
· Acted as counsel to creditors in US Airways case.
· Acted as counsel to bank group in connection with airline obtaining proceeds from federal loan program post-9/11.
· Acted as counsel to different constituencies concerning rights and remedies in corporate out of court restructurings and bankruptcy settings.
· Judicial Law Clerk, Hon. Judith H. Wizmur, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey, NJ, 1986-1988
· Judicial Extern Law Clerk, Hon. Judith H. Wizmur, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey, NJ, 1985-1986
· Chair, New Jersey State Bar Association for the District of New Jersey Bankruptcy Law Section, 2006-2008
· Co-Chair, Education Program, Bankruptcy Program for Third Circuit Judicial Conference, April 29, 2006 - May 2, 2006
· Mediator, U.S. Bankruptcy for the District of Delaware
Publications & Presentation
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Senior Editor, Risks and Recoveries - Developments in Bankruptcy Law, Annual Publication, 1988-2005
· Author, Committee Coordinator of Conference Handbook, New Jersey State Bar Association Creditor And Debtor Section Annual Bench/Bar Conference, April 30, 1993; April 29, 1994 and April 21, 1995
· Co-Author, "Court Rulings Erode Collateral Protection," ABA Banking Journal, February 1991
· Author, "Judgment Creditors, Beware Statutory Good Faith: It Could Be Detrimental to Your Recovery," New Jersey State Bar Association's Creditor Debtor Relations Newsletter, December 1991
· Speaker, "Townsends: A Case Study," National Annual Retreat of Special Assets Bankers of M&T Bank, 2011
· Panelist, "'All About the Benjamins: Trends in Financing," ABI Mid-Atlantic Bankruptcy Workshop, Cambridge, MD, August 2010
· Presenter, "ADR & Mediation Techniques," ABI-MidAtlantic Conference, Cambridge, MD, August 2006
· Co-Chair, Educational Program on Bankruptcy for Third Circuit Judicial Conference, April 29-May 2, 2006
· Course Facilitator, "New Era-New Rules," Interim Rules for BAPCPA of 2005, U.S. Court Of Appeals Third Circuit Judicial Conference, April 29-May 2, 2006
· Moderator, "Business Amendments And BAPCPA of 2005," New Jersey Institute Continuing Legal Education, January 2006
· Panelist, William H. Gindin Bankruptcy Conference, New Jersey State Bar Association, April 4, 2003
· Co-Chair, Annual William H. Gindin Bankruptcy Conference, New Jersey State Bar Association, March 30, 2001
· Program Coordinator, "Interplay of Foreclosure Law and Bankruptcy Law," Annual Convention of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Atlantic City, NJ, May 14, 1999
· Moderator/Panelist, "The Seminole Decision and Its Implications on Bankruptcy Practice," Sixth Annual New Jersey Bar Association Bankruptcy Law Section Bench Bar Conference, East Brunswick, NJ, April 17, 1998
· Co-Chair, Bankruptcy Law Section Fourth Annual Bench/Bar Conference, New Jersey State Bar Association, April 12, 1996
· Speaker, Bankruptcy Law Section, Tenth Anniversary Dinner for Judges Gindin, Garbardella and Wizmur, New Jersey State Bar Association, September 28, 1995
· Moderator/Panelist, "Ethical Concerns In Bankruptcy," Annual Bench/Bar Conference, New Jersey State Bar Association Bankruptcy Law Section, April 21, 1995
· Moderator/Panelist, "Evidentiary Issues In Bankruptcy Practice," Annual Conference, New Jersey State Bar Association Creditor and Debtor Section, April 29, 1994
· Conference Subcommittee Member, Annual Bench/Bar Association Conferences, The Annual Conference Subcommittee for the New Jersey State Association Creditor and Debtor Section,April 30, 1993, and April 29, 1994
· Chairperson, Joint Dinner with ED Pa. Bankruptcy Conference, New Jersey State Bar Association Creditor and Debtor Section, Subcommittee, 1994-1995
· Moderator/Panelist, "Matrimonial Issues in Bankruptcy Court," Creditor and Debtor Section Annual Conference, New Jersey State Bar Association, April 30, 1993
· Lecturer, "Issues Concerning Perfection of Rents in a Bankruptcy Setting," Camden County Bar Association, Commercial Debtor-Creditor Relations Committee, Camden, NJ, February 1992
· Panelist, "Bankruptcy Practice," New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Mt. Laurel, NJ, July 1992
· Co-Lecturer, "Receiverships: Creating Opportunity from Adversity," The Delaware Valley Chapter of the Institute on Real Estate Management's 1991-92 Real Estate Forecast, Philadelphia, PA, September 1991