Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. is committed to promoting a work environment that fosters and enhances diversity. The firm believes in the importance of various backgrounds and experiences which lead to better team work, strong ideas, and superior understanding in the workplace and in the various areas of law. We know our clients have a diverse workforce and our efforts towards a diverse law firm will enable us to better serve our clients.
Some of the firm’s extensive diversity efforts include:
- Developing a diversity committee of seven attorneys to review firm policies and initiatives regarding diversity.
- Being one of eleven law firms to participate in the Allegheny County Bar Association Minority Hiring Initiative. The firm has been a member of this organization since its inception and participates in all meetings.
- Participating in the Allegheny County Bar Association Summer Clerkship and Law Internship Program. Through this, Dickie McCamey hires first year minority students from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and the Duquesne University School of Law for 12-week summer clerkships.
- Taking part in the University of Pittsburgh School of Law LLM program, in which law school graduates from other countries are able to experience law practices in a United States context by interning at Pittsburgh law firms.
- Attending diversity conferences and lectures including:
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Diversity Conference
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Minority Attorney Conference
- Mid-Atlantic Black Law Students Association Regional Convention
- Sponsoring a law student from Panama through the ACBA’s Hispanic Attorneys Committee to assist him in preparing his thesis on the differences in the systems of law in Panama and United States.
Dickie McCamey believes in providing and maintaining a diverse workforce for attorneys and staff. We provide fair and ethical treatment regardless one’s race, gender, religion, age, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, or physical disability.
Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer.