Dominic is the head of and assigning partner for the New York office's Litigation Practice. He is also co-founder of Mintz Levin's Distressed Debt & Claims Trading Practice.
Dominic is a commercial litigator who concentrates his practice in complex contract, partnership, securities, and real estate disputes. He also has extensive experience litigating and advising clients with respect to disputes involving bankruptcy and distressed debt transactions, intellectual property, and biotechnology. He is a member of the firm's Privacy & Security Practice Group, and litigates data breaches and data security issues. Dominic has been retained as a testifying and consultative expert relating to the purchase and sale of trade claims in bankruptcy.
He has litigated in various state and federal courts throughout the country, and has arbitrated extensively before the predominate arbitral bodies, including the American Arbitration Association, the NASD, and JAMS. He has also successfully mediated a number of disputes before those same bodies as well as before privately hired mediators.
His clients include multinational corporations, lenders, investors, commercial landlords, telephone manufacturers, and other telecommunications companies, biotechnology companies, and other large publicly and privately held entities. Dominic also has represented individuals in commercial disputes. Throughout his career, aside from his work as a litigator, Dominic has provided general corporate, bankruptcy, and prelitigation advice to clients.
• Quoted inNew Fee on Bankruptcy Trades Will Boost Courts' Revenue,Dow Jones' Daily Bankruptcy Review (04.08.2013)
• Quoted inSecondMarket Bungled Facebook Share Sale: Attny,Law360 (12.13.2011)
• Mintz Levin Establishes Distressed Debt and Claims Trading Practice, (02.15.2011)
Recognitions & Awards
• Avenue Magazine: Legal Elite in Litigation (10.2010, 08.2011)
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
Delaware Supreme Court Got It Wrong: No Contract, No Benefit-of-the-Bargain Damages,Westlaw Journal: Delaware Corporate (07.22.2013)
• Author,Winning Less May Mean More to Your Client in the End,Corporate Counsel (02.25.2013)
• Co-author,Amended Rule 2019 Allays Fears of Claims Trading Industry,Dow Jones Daily Bankruptcy Review (06.17.2011)
• Co-author,Closing Deals With First-Time Sellers in the Trade-Claim Market,Dow Jones Daily Bankruptcy Review (01.05.2011)
• Co-author,Ships in the Night: Buyers and Sellers of Trade Claims,Law360 (09.09.2010)
Speaker,Closing Deals in Claims Trading and the Effect of New Rule 2019, New York City Bar Association, New York, NY (02.09.2012)
• Insider Trading Post-Galleon, Association of Corporate Counsel Greater New York (11.17.2011)