Donn A. Beloff's practice is focused on public and private securities offerings, private equity and venture capital transactions, public and private securities offerings (as both issuer's and underwriter's counsel), mergers and acquisitions and counseling boards and senior management on strategic business, corporate governance, financial and transactional matters. Donn's specific industry experience includes health care services, computer hardware and software, information technology, telecommunications, time share resort development, employee outsourcing and leasing, consumer products, auto racing, pharmaceuticals, education, insurance and customer call centers.
Areas of Concentration
· Corporate and securities
· Mergers and acquisitions
· Private equity
· Venture capital
· Public and private securities offerings
· Corporate governance
· Strategic business, finance and transactional planning
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, The Florida Bar
· Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law, 2006-2014
· Finalist, Daily Business Review, "Top Dealmaker of the Year - Corporate International Category," 2013
· Member, Winning Team, ACG New York Champion's Award, Consumer and Retail Products Deal of the Year (over $200mm) for Merger of Burger King and Justice Holdings Ltd., 2013
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2007-2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2007-2013
· Selected, Daily Business Review, Top Dealmakers of the Year Finalist - International Corporate (M&A) Category, 2011
· Selected, The M&A Advisor, Winning Deal Team - Distressed M&A Deal of the Year (Over $100mm), 2011 Turnaround Awards, 2011
· Selected, Daily Business Review, Top Dealmakers of the Year - International Corporate (M&A) Category, 2010
· Selected, Daily Business Review, Top Dealmakers of the Year Finalist - Corporate Finance Category, 2009
· Listed, Florida Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," 2004, 2009
· Selected, Top Dealmakers of the Year - Domestic Corporate Category, Daily Business Review, 2008
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Counsel for Justice Holdings Limited (LSE: JUSH), a special purpose acquisition company, in £900 million ($1.5 billion) initial public offering of ordinary shares.
· Counsel for Liberty Acquisition Holdings (International) Company (NYX: Pearl), a special purpose acquisition company, in $6.7 billion acquisition of Pearl Group Limited, the United Kingdom's largest consolidator of closed life insurance funds, and Opal Reassurance Limited, a re-insurance company.
· Counsel for Freedom Acquisition Holdings Inc. (NYSE: GLG), a special purpose acquisition company, in $3.5 billion acquisition of GLG Partners, an alternative asset manager.
· Counsel for Liberty Acquisition Holdings Corp. (ASE: LIA.U), a special purpose acquisition company, in $1.03 billion initial public offering of common stock and warrants.
· Counsel for Liberty Acquisition Holdings (International) Company. (NYX: LIACU), a special purpose acquisition company, in 600 million euro initial public offering of common stock and warrants.
· Counsel for FGX International Holdings Limited (Nasdaq: FGXI), a consumer products company, in $220.8 million initial public offering of ordinary shares.
· Counsel for Bluegreen Corporation (NYSE: BXG), a developer of timeshare resorts and planned residential and golf communities, in $170.2 million offering of timeshare loan-backed notes.
· Counsel for Bluegreen Corporation in $156.6 million offering of timeshare loan-backed notes.
· Counsel for Outsource International (Nasdaq: OSIX), a provider of temporary human resource services in the flexible industrial staffing market, in $55.5 million initial public offering of common stock.
· Underwriters' counsel for Smith Barney Inc. and Raymond James & Associates in $80 million offering of common stock by International Speedway Corporation (Nasdaq: ISCA), a promoter of motor sports activities.
· Underwriters' counsel for Salomon Smith Barney, First Union Securities, Inc., Banc One Capital Markets, Inc., Raymond James & Associates, Inc. and SunTrust Equitable Securities Corporation in $225 million offering of senior notes by International Speedway Corporation.
· Underwriters' counsel for Salomon Smith Barney, CIBC Oppenheimer and Raymond James & Associates in $108 million offering of common stock by International Speedway Corporation.
· Counsel for Tempus International Corp. in $50.0 million sale of stock to Fossil, Inc. (Nasdaq: FOSL)
· Counsel for Sterling Land and Shopping Center Development Fund II (a joint venture of Citigroup and Sterling Centrecorp) in $150 million private placement of limited partnership interests.
· Counsel for Orius Corp., a provider of technical expertise and comprehensive network services to the telecom industry, in acquisition of a majority of its stock by Willis Stein & Partners for $165 million.
· Counsel for Orius Corp. in the acquisition of 18 separate operating companies in the telecom industry for total consideration of $270 million.