Donna M. Jennings is a shareholder at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer P.A., and a member of the Land Use Team. She concentrates in all phases of land use approvals at all governmental levels, and related environmental and regulatory matters, as well as litigation and appeals involving the approval and permitting process. Ms. Jennings represents clients on matters including site plan approvals, subdivisions, variances, rezoning applications, Right to Farm Litigation, environmental permits, access permits, and negotiations of agreements with governmental entities related to land development. She frequently appears before municipal, county, state, and federal agencies. Her practice includes projects such as healthcare facilities; distribution centers; office parks; hotels; religious institutions; electric generating facilities; petroleum terminals, refineries, service stations, car dealerships, fast food restaurants and solar farms; as well as a variety of residential, commercial, manufacturing, and other industrial projects. Prior to joining the firm, she served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Robert J. Quackenboss, Chancery Division, Middlesex County.
Ms. Jennings is a member of the Middlesex County Bar Association, New Jersey Builders Association's Land Use and Planning Committee, and the National Association of Office and Industrial Properties. She is also on the Board of Directors of the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association. She is a Past Chair of the Land Use Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. Ms. Jennings is also a Past Chair of the Middlesex County Workforce Investment Group.
Ms. Jennings has made frequent appearances as a speaker in professional forums, including ICLE, Lorman Education Services, the Atlantic Builders Convention and the Central Jersey Builders Association. She has also published articles and is a contributing author to the Land Use Chapter in Commercial Real Estate Transactions in New Jersey (ICLE 2003, 2006 & 2010).
In 2004, Ms. Jennings was named one of the top forty attorneys under forty (New Jersey Law Journal, September 2004).
In 2007, Ms. Jennings was recognized as one of 50 women of influence in the New Jersey Commercial Real Estate Sector (Real Estate New Jersey, December 2007). Again, in 2008 Real Estate New Jersey recognized her as a Women of Influence working in a commercial real estate related field in New Jersey.
Area of Emphasis
Representation of clients before municipal, county and state agencies regarding development and redevelopment of land as well as related litigation.
• A Cautionary Tale To Owners Of Pre-Existing Nonconforming Uses And Structures
• An Action to Quiet Title Is Necessary To Lift a Condition Recorded in a Deed Restriction
• Municipal land use notice regs: Compliance a Daunting Task
• Municipal Regulation of Religious Activities
• Pros and Cons of Automatic Approvals
• Stormwaters: New Rules Risin'
• Supreme Court Clarifies The Standard To Be Applied When Evaluating The Negative Criteria For A Conditional Use Variance Application
• Trial Court Reverses Board's Denial Of Conversion Application
• You May Be Entitled To A Refund From Your Utility Company If You Were Required To Pay For An Extension Of Utility Lines To Your Property