Donna is an active litigator in the areas of medical malpractice, legal malpractice and premises liability. As a member of the Health Care Liability Practice Group, Donna has assisted one of the firm's senior shareholders in several hundred medical malpractice matters throughout the years.
Donna has represented and assisted in the representation of a large number of hospitals in Philadelphia, Delaware and Chester counties, as well as physicians and physician groups in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas. She has assisted in retaining and preparing medical experts, economists and vocational experts in medical malpractice cases. Many of these well-prepared experts have played an instrumental role in achieving settlements or sharply reduced awards from the jury at the time of trial.
Donna is a graduate of Penn State University. She attended Widener University School of Law, where she received her juris doctor, cum laude in 1997. While at Widener University, she was a staff member of the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law and received honors for academic achievement in legal writing and analysis.
Following graduation from law school and prior to joining Marshall Dennehey, Donna worked as an associate for the civil litigation defense firm of Jacobson, Maynard & Kalur in the field of medical malpractice.
Donna has been a partner with her local high school in the development of its Career Pathways program.
• Let's Agree to Agree; Mediation in Civil Litigation, Delaware County Bench Bar Conference, June 5, 2014
• Mock Deposition and Trial Presentation, Lancaster Health System, July 9, 2008
• The Amazing Race: The Emerging Trends In Hospital Liability, 2008 PLUS MPL Conference, Chicago, Illinois, March 11-12, 2008
• Clinical Support Systems; E-Discovery and Privacy Liability: How They All Come Together, AIG Domestic Claims, Inc., New York, New York, December 19, 200
• Who's Been Reading My Chart? Do Clinical Support Systems REALLY Protect Patient Privacy?, 2007 PLUS International Conference, Washington, DC, November 9, 2007
• Computer-Based Clinical Decision Support Systems (DSS), Lancaster General Hospital, Women and Babies Hospital, January 2007
• Electronic Medical Records and Computer-Based Clinical Decision Support Systems (DSS), Chester County Hospital Medical Staff, February 24, 2006
• Disclosure of Serious Events, Chester County Hospital Medical Staff, March 4, 2005
• Practical Strategies for Reducing Liability, VHA Physician Risk Management Education Program, March 8, 2005
• The Deposition Process, Alleviating Your Fears, Lancaster General Hospital Education Counsel, June 8, 2005
• The Deposition Process, Alleviating Your Fears, Lancaster General Hospital Education Counsel: Women and Babies Hospital, December 28, 2005
• Managing and Disclosing Medical Errors, Medical Staff and Nursing Staff at Brandywine Hospital, June 11, 2004
• Tort Reform and Your New Responsibilities, Holy Redeemer Hospital Medical Staff, December 1, 2004
Honors & Awards
• Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2005-2007
Year Joined Organization: 1998