- Financial Services
- Private Wealth
- Closely Held Business
- Nonprofit Organizations
|Contact Info||Telephone: 423.757.5938|
|University ||Southern Adventist University, B.S., Nursing, summa cum laude, 1972; University of Florida, M.N., Pediatric Nursing, 1975; Order of the Coif|
|Law School||Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1988; Vanderbilt Law Review|
Donna is a member of Husch Blackwell's Financial Services team. She counsels clients in all phases of estate planning and estate and trust administration, which includes structuring and drafting sophisticated estate planning for individuals, business succession planning for closely held businesses, creation and maintenance of limited partnerships and limited liability companies, preparation of buy-sell agreements, employment agreements and other business agreements, structuring lifetime giving plans, planning for charitable giving, and addressing elder law issues.
She regularly advises clients regarding the unique rules associated with disposition of tax-deferred retirement accounts as part of the individual's overall estate plan. In addition to analytic and technical legal skills, Donna brings to her clients the ability and desire to help them understand and address their individual estate planning needs.
Donna also assists organizations with the creation of tax-exempt entities, obtains tax-exemption status, and addresses the various concerns and challenges of tax- exempt entities.
Donna's work on behalf of industry clients includes:
· Regularly working with individuals in selecting banks and trust companies to serve as fiduciaries of their estates and trusts.
· Regularly working with national and regional banks in coordinating ongoing estate planning matters on behalf of mutual clients of the firm and the bank.
· Representing national and regional bank trust departments in estate and trust administration.
Before starting her legal career, Donna practiced as a registered nurse and taught nursing at a liberal arts college. Her teaching and nursing experiences have provided valuable insights in dealing with clients concerning end-of-life issues.
Donna also enjoys educating the public at large, frequently making presentations to community and civic groups on various aspects of estate planning.
Professional Associations & Memberships
· Chattanooga Bar Association
· Estate Planning Council of Chattanooga
· Tennessee Bar Association
· Worked with individuals in selecting banks and trust companies to serve as fiduciaries of their estates and trusts.
· Worked with national and regional banks in coordinating ongoing estate planning matters on behalf of mutual clients of the firm and the bank.
· Represented national and regional bank trust departments in estate and trust administration.
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#10 in weekly profile views out of 1,309 lawyers in Chattanooga, Tennessee|
|#10,033 in weekly profile views out of 1,510,377 total lawyers Overall|