- Business Fraud & White Collar Defense
- Commodities & Futures Regulation
- Energy & Commodities
- Energy & Commodities Investigations
- Energy & Commodities Regulation & Compliance
- Swap Regulation
|Contact Info||Telephone: 202 862 2430|
Fax: (202) 862-2400
|University ||Dartmouth College, B.A., 1981|
|Law School||Boston University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1985|
|Admitted||1986, Pennsylvania; 1987, Massachusetts; 1989, District of Columbia|
Doron Ezickson's energy and commodities practice involves a wide array of U.S. and EU regulatory and compliance issues relating to the development and operation of wholesale energy and agriculture markets and related financial products. Experienced in regulatory and enforcement matters before the CFTC and FERC, Doron is actively involved in counseling commodities clients on the domestic and extraterritorial impact of The Dodd-Frank Act and on EU regulatory proposals including MIFID II, EMIR, REMIT and MAD.
Doron has been involved in numerous U.S. and EU government proceedings concerning the transition to competitive commodities markets, the design and operation of both physical and financial markets, market competition and manipulation issues and disputes over market structure and operations. He regularly conducts compliance training on commodities regulatory issues relating to trading futures, swaps and physical commodities and is experienced at internal investigations on issues of concern to energy and agriculture physical and financial trading operations.
A frequent author and lecturer on commodities topics, Doron has been recognized as a leading lawyer by Chambers Europe and in Marquis Who's Who in American Law, and has achieved an AV peer rating, the highest peer review rating compiled by Martindale Hubbell. He is a member of the FIA Law and Compliance Committee, the FOA and the Energy Bar Association.
Formerly the Deputy Chief of Staff/Chief of Operations to former Massachusetts Governor William F. Weld, Doron was responsible for management of the governor's office operations, coordination of Cabinet activities, and policy development and implementation, including energy and environmental policy. He is also the former executive director of the Massachusetts Office of International Trade and Investment.
Doron received his B.A. from Dartmouth College and his J.D., magna cum laude, from Boston University School of Law, where he was an articles editor for the Boston University Law Review. Following law school, he served as a law clerk for the D.C. Circuit of the United States Court of Appeals. He is admitted to practice in Washington, D.C., Massachusetts and Pennsylvania, and is a member of the bar of the U.S. Supreme Court, the DC Circuit Court of Appeals and several additional appellate and district courts. Doron practiced commodities law in London as a foreign registered attorney from 2006 to 2012.
• Washington - We Have a Problem, Commodities Now (December 2012)
• Multiple client updates on REMIT, MiFID and EMIR (2012-13)
• Adopting the US Standard - How Compliance has been Pushed to the Frontline for Commodities Trading Companies in the UK & Europe, Commodities Now (June 2010)
• Cross Border Energy Regulatory and Legislative Update (October 2009)
• Renewable Mandates Should Trump Cap-and-Trade, International News (Issue 3 2009)
• Prepare for Regulation, IFLR (March 2008)
• Energy Trading: New Cops on the Beat, Bloomberg European Law Journal (December 2007)
• Exposure Management: Key Issues Affecting Energy Exchange Credit Risk Policy and Procedures, Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law (July/August 2007)
• Commodities Trading & the UK Market Abuse Regime: Following the US Lead?, Commodities Now (June 2007)
• European Exchange Credit Risk Management in the Power Day Ahead Markets, Futures Industry (May/June 2007)
• FERC's New Anti-Manipulation Regime for Electricity and Natural Gas Transactions: Mixing Apples and Oranges, LegalWorks: Futures and Derivatives Law Report (Vol 26, #3, March 2006)
(Also at London, England Office)
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
FERC Orders Evidentiary Hearing for Alleged Market Manipulation by BP
Doron F. Ezickson,Terence T. Healey,Kenneth W. Irvin,Gregory K. Lawrence,Paul J. Pantano, May 29, 2014
On May 15, 2014, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) issued an order setting an evidentiary hearing before an administrative law judge (ALJ) to determine whether BP America Inc., BP Corporation North America Inc., BP America Production Company, and BP Energy Company (collectively, BP)...
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#544 in weekly profile views out of 49,011 lawyers in Washington, District of Columbia|
|#1,329 in weekly profile views out of 1,539,846 total lawyers Overall|