Drew Svor is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office. Mr. Svor focuses his practice on corporate transactional matters, with an emphasis on the telecommunications industry. Mr. Svor also has extensive regulatory experience in the telecommunications industry.
Broadcast and Media
•Will.I.Am. FCC regulatory counsel to Will.I.Am from the Black-Eyed Peas in connection with a new wearable device.
•TVB. Corporate advice to Hong Kong-based TVB regarding television distribution rights in the United States.
•TV5 . Provided corporate and regulatory advice regarding content television distribution rights for TV5, a Philippines based TV program.
•Pappas . Provided regulatory advice to Comerica Bank in connection with the bankruptcy of Pappas Telecasting.
•MoonScoop . Provided regulatory advice on closed captioning to MoonScoop, a French animation and production company.
•Global Eagle Entertainment . Served as corporate counsel to Global Eagle in connection with its long-term agreement with SES to provide capacity on its Ku-band and HTS satellites for Global Eagle's inflight-connectivity systems.
•AsiaSat . Served as corporate, finance and export control counsel to AsiaSat in connection with a hosted payload agreement with GeoMetWatch.
•Iridium . Served as corporate and government contracts counsel to Iridium in connection with a hosted payload agreement.
•Satmex . Served as corporate and regulatory counsel to Satmex in connection with a hosted payload agreement and related FCC market access application.
•Eutelsat America . Regulatory counsel to Eutelsat America Corp. with respect to the E172A satellite and related FCC licensing matters.
•Aspider . Represented Aspider, a Europe-based mobile virtual network enabler (MVNE), in connection with wireless roaming issues in the U.S.
•Sikorsky . Served as FCC regulatory counsel to Sikorsky on numerous FCC and spectrum related issues.
•Xsight Systems . Represented Xsight Systems Ltd. in obtaining an FCC equipment authorization for its FODetect airport runway detection system.
•textPlus . Provided corporate and regulatory advice for their Over-the-Top messaging service.
•Brandtone . Provided corporate and regulatory advice to Brandtone in connection with the launch of their mobile marketing service in the U.S.
Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
•Crouzet . Provided regulatory advice to Crouzet, a French manufacturer of automation control components, with regards to its wireless automation products.
•Observant. Provided regulatory advice to Observant, an Australian provider of remote management solutions, with regards to its wireless automation products.
•ZTE . Provided regulatory advice to ZTE, a China-based mobile handset manufacturer.
•Metaswitch . Provided regulatory advice to Metaswitch Networks, a UK-based company that designs and manufactures telecommunications hardware and software.
•Aastra USA . Provided regulatory advice to Aastra, a leading global enterprise communications provider.
•TCL Communications . Provided regulatory advice to the U.S. subsidiary of TCL Communications, a China-based mobile handset manufacturer.
•Western Digital . Provided regulatory advice to Western Digital regarding its home entertainment products.
•Fomas S.p.A. Represented Fomas S.p.A., an international manufacturer of forgings and seamless rolled rings, in connection with its acquisition of all the membership interests of Ajax Rolled Ring & Machine, LLC (a custom manufacturer of seamless rolled rings) in York, South Carolina from ARRM Services, Inc. (a portfolio company of Prospect Capital).
•Copperweld Bimetallics . Represented Copperweld Bimetallics LLC in its acquisition of the assets of the bimetallics wire business of CommScope, Inc. of North Carolina.
•Arlington Capital Partners . Represented Arlington Capital Partners and its portfolio company Quantum Spatial, Inc. (f/k/a Aerometric, Inc.) in connection with the acquisition of all the stock of Watershed Sciences, Inc.
Cable and Broadband
•Cox. Represented Cox Cable in connection with state and local licensing matters related to new broadband deployments.
•Served as corporate counsel to Art Enables, a DC-based nonprofit, on corporate governance and transactional matters.
Publications & News
FCC Law Blog Posts
• Headin' Down the Copperhead Road - the FCC Proposes New Rules for Legacy Infrastructure, January 5, 2015
• If They Could Be All You Wanted: The FCC Gets Serious About Small Cells, October 28, 2014
• The Eleventh Circuit Reaffirms FCC's Authority To Coordinate National TCPA Policy And Ensure Uniformity Of Enforcement in Mais v. Gulf Coast Collection Bureau, October 16, 2014
• Call Me Maybe?: The New TCPA Position Announced by The Federal Communications Commission in Nigro v. Mercantile Adjustment Bureau, July 7, 2014
• Supreme Court Sides with Broadcasters in Aereo Decision, June 30, 2014
• Once More Unto the Breach: the FCC Calls for Comments on Revamping Net Neutrality Regulations, May 16, 2014
• Is Wheeler Gaga for Gigabit? The FCC Liberates 100 MHz of Spectrum for Unlicensed Wi-Fi, April 7, 2014
• Sleeper “Small” Cells: The Battle Over The FCC's Wireless Infrastructure Proceeding, February 27, 2014
• Regulatory Reminder: Annual CVAA Compliance Certifications due April 1, February 25, 2014
• Auction 96 - FCC Prepares for Upcoming H Block Spectrum Auction, August 28, 2013
• FCC Considers Proposal To Lift 25% Cap On Indirect Foreign Investment In Broadcast Licensees, April 22, 2013
• Regulatory Reminder: CVAA Compliance Certifications due April 1, March 26, 2013
• FCC Reminds Advanced Communications Services Providers and Equipment Manufacturers of CVAA Recordkeeping Obligations and Compliance Certification, February 12, 2013