Douglas G. Haynam's practice is focused in the area of environmental litigation, consultation and related administrative practice including extensive involvement in civil and criminal enforcement and compliance matters. Outside of the environmental area, his work has included a variety of business related civil litigation and regulatory and administrative practice matters. His litigation practice has included construction disputes, contract and warranty disputes, employment matters, labor disputes, personal injury and public election law matters. His administrative practice has covered a wide range of matters before state and federal agencies including licensing, permitting, enforcement and related investigation and inquiry, administrative rulemaking, as well as state and federal court litigation following administrative action. He has also served as a mediator.
Doug has had extensive experience under CERCLA and RCRA, the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, TSCA, FIFRA, EPCRA and other environmental statutes and regulatory programs. He has served as lead or group counsel at a number of CERCLA sites, and has actively participated in many others and is familiar with the full extent of CERCLA practice including administrative orders and discovery, remediation and natural resource damage claims and cost recovery actions, as well as third-party practice. He has served in the capacity of lead counsel to large groups and has assembled multi-party joint initiatives to construct multi-million dollar remedial construction projects, created legal entities to oversee the long-term operation and maintenance of constructed remedial facilities, and led group cost recovery efforts. He has significant experience advising clients regarding environmental issues in business transactions, Brownfields matters, real estate transactions, environmental audits, and insurance claims related to environmental matters. Doug also has been involved in a variety of permit proceedings including an evidentiary permit proceeding for a hazardous waste management facility. Doug has extensive experience in challenging agency rulemaking actions.
Doug's representative clients of public record have included companies in the automobile, glass, rubber, paper, steel, petrochemical, waste management, agriculture, commercial food, real estate and utility industries as well as non-profit entities.
· Best Lawyers in America, 1993 - 2014
· Ohio Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine, 2004 -2012
· America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Chambers & Partners, Natural Resources & Environment practice
· Toledo Business Journal, "Who's Who in Toledo Area Law"
· Top Rated Lawyer in Energy, Environmental and Natural Resources, 2013
· The International Who's Who of Environment Lawyers, 2013
· AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and Community Affiliations
· Toledo Bar Association
· Ohio State Bar Association, Chair, Environmental Law Committee
· State Bar of Michigan, Environmental Law Section
· American Bar Association, National Resources Law and Litigation Sections
· Sylvania City Council
· Erie Shores Council, Boy Scouts of America, former President and Executive Board Member
Banking and Financial Institutions
Educational / Religious Organizations
Public Law and Public Finance