Doug Watson Lubic is a shareholder with Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer P.A. and a member of the Business Law Team.
Doug has conducted a broad transactional practice for 30 years. His diverse skill set is ideal for small to mid sized businesses anticipating significant events such as acquisitions, generational ownership transitions, member buyouts, sales of business assets or financing. His experience allows him to assess his client's needs quickly and to make use of the firm's many abilities as and when required.
Doug's experience includes the formation, organization, purchase and sale of businesses of all types, including service and manufacturing businesses, automobile dealerships, franchised businesses, medical, physical therapy and other professional practices; preparation and negotiation of buy-sell agreements, shareholders agreements and operating agreements; shareholder and partner buyins and buyouts; business restructuring in connection with estate planning, divorce or litigation, sale and acquisition of real estate and associated land use and environmental concerns; bar and restaurant purchases, sales and operations, alcoholic beverage license transfers and regulatory compliance; preparation of employment, severance, confidentiality, non-compete and management agreements; general business, contract drafting and negotiation; equipment leasing and lease financing; and secured transactions, including real estate and asset-based loans. Doug also reviews franchise and other business agreements and advises start up businesses
Doug is a member of the Middlesex County Bar Association, the Monmouth County Bar Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association and the American Health Lawyers Association. He is resident at the firm's Eatontown office and has helped bring the firm's services to Monmouth and Ocean County clients for more than thirteen years.
At Princeton University, Doug was an officer and member of Quadrangle Club. At Vanderbilt University, he served as associate editor of the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law. Doug and his wife are residents of Lincroft, Monmouth County, New Jersey and enjoy astronomy, geology, history, and home brewing.
• Am I At Risk?
• New Jersey Healthcare Regulatory Update - April 2014
• New Jersey Regulatory Update - April/May 2004
• New Jersey Regulatory Update - August 2004
• New Jersey Regulatory Update - February 2004
• New Jersey Regulatory Update - June 2004
• New Jersey Regulatory Update - March 2004
• New Jersey Regulatory Update - November-December 2004
• New Jersey Regulatory Update - October 2004
• New Jersey Regulatory Update - September 2004
• Should I Form An Entity For My Business?
• Should I Purchase A Franchise?
• Franchise Business Informational Video
• New Jersey Alcoholic Beverage Licensing
• Partnership and Similar Agreements (Resident, Eatontown, New Jersey Office)