We are pleased to announce that, with effect from the 1st of October 2015, our two practices, namely the company Dr. Helen G. Papaconstantinou, John V. Filias and Associates and the Law Offices of Dr. P.D. Theodorides – Dr. H.G. Papaconstantinou merged into one legal entity, the Law Firm of Dr. Helen G. Papaconstantinou and Partners (originally established in 1920). The firm offers a broad range of top quality IP Law services at highly competitive prices.
The firms' area of expertise spans over all aspects of IP Law, including the portfolio management of patents, trademarks, domain names, designs, SPCs, etc. We also undertake all contentious and non contentious legal work in the above areas as well as in the following areas: copyright, anti-trust, anti-piracy/anti-counterfeiting/customs procedures, Internet law, franchising & contract law, commercial law, trade regulation, competition law, consumer protection & advertising law and ADRP procedures. The firms' teams of specialists also provide related detailed consultancy in the above areas.
All our attorneys are members of the Athens Bar Association. Many of them have specialized in IP abroad and participate in the following organisations: EPI, AIPPI, ECTA, INTA, GRUR (German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property), UK Society of Legal Scholars.
Dr. Helen Papaconstantinou is president of the FICPI and AIPPI Greek groups and member of the Executive Committees of FICPI and AIPPI. She is also Council Member of EPI and ECTA as well as Member of INTA, CIPA, ITMA and UNION.
Throughout the firms' numerous years of activity, we have succeeded in establishing long-standing, invaluable collaborations with hundreds of highly reputable firms around the world, enabling us to represent some of the most important companies internationally - either directly or through their legal agents - building on our solid basis of reciprocity.
Our IP specialist teams not only have a very significant experience/expertise, but also the flexibility and ability to adapt in the most efficient manner to new demands that arise in both the traditional (e.g. trademarks, patents, copyright) as well as in the modern sectors (e.g. anti-counterfeiting, domain names & ADRP's) of the IP field.
Our firm's attorneys, being familiar with the intricacies of the Greek legal and business environment, are not only accomplished legal "technicians," but are committed to helping the clients by making every effort to understand their needs and business and by providing them with individual, personalized attention. Speed and accuracy of response have always been a priority in our communication with clients. In this time of economic turmoil, we have also adopted a sensible approach to cost effectiveness and do our best to control costs, without, in any way, compromising high quality service and personal attention.
Our firm regularly makes various contributions to a variety of IP resources and we are the sole contributor to EDITAL and the Katzarov's manual on Industrial Property as well as the main contributor to INTA (since 1994), with regard to IP matters in Greece.
Recent contributions to legal periodicals and magazines include:
- "The WTR Yearbook 2012/13," contribution by Fotini Kardiopoulis, Miranda Theodoridou, Dimitra Nassimpian, World Trademark Review, publication forthcoming
- "The Ultimate Legal Guide to Investing in Greece - Trademarks section," contribution by Fotini Kardiopoulis, Miranda Theodoridou, Dimitra Nassimpian, Greek Law Digest, on-line (www.greeklawdigest.gr) and printed edition, First semester 2012
- Reports on important decisions published on Darts IP database and World Trademark Review Daily, by Maria Athanasiadou, Anna Roussou and Dimitra Nassimpian
- Contribution of articles on Patent related issues to appear on both the channel homepage, the jurisdictional homepage and the Managing IP channel e-newsletter, by Dr. Helen G. Papaconstantinou, Prof. Dr. Michael Paroussis, Maria Athanassiadou and Dimitra Nassimpian, Managing IP On Line Channel Sponsorship, Managing Intellectual Property, April 2011 until March 2012
- Questionnaire on Competition Law: Europe, by Prof. Dr. Michael Paroussis, Lawyer Monthly, July 2011
Finally, the Firm has been the first Greek Firm to receive ISO 9001/2008 Certification in the IP Law Field.
Key recognitions of the firm include:
Lawyers World Global Leading Firms - Top Tier Rankings 2012
ACQ Global Awards 2012 winner as Patents and IP Law Firm of the Year
Intellectual Property Law Firm of the Year by Corporate LiveWire - Global Awards 2012 Winner
PLC Which Lawyer rate the Firm as a Leading Firm in its field in Greece.
Top Greek Law Firm in its field "Tier no. 1" (in some fields exclusively so) by "MANAGING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY MAGAZINE" (MIP), for the 13th consecutive year
LEGAL 500 place the Firm at the top of its recommended IP Law Firms in Greece.
GCR 100 leading firm for competition, 2011
Lawyer Monthly - legal awards 2011
Lawyers world global awards 2011.