Drew M. Altman represents both public and private companies in securities matters, capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions and general corporate and business law matters. Drew has a broad range of securities offering experience and routinely advises public companies regarding reporting requirements and corporate governance compliance. Drew also represents both buyers and sellers in public and private merger and acquisitions transactions.
Areas of Concentration
· Capital markets
· SEC reporting and corporate governance compliance
· Mergers and acquisitions
· Financing transactions
· General corporate and business law matters
Professional & Community Involvement
· Graduate, Leadership Miami, 2012-2013
· Member, American Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2012-2013
· Finalist, Daily Business Review, "Top Dealmaker of the Year - Corporate (Domestic) Category," 2012
· Member, team ranked as a top corporate law firm in Miami as selected by corporate directors, in the annual "Legal Industry Research Study" by Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc. (10th year), 2002-2009, 2011-2012
Capital Market Transactions
· Represented Gentiva Health Services, Inc. in its $325 million Rule 144A offering of senior notes.
· Represented Terremark Worldwide, Inc. in connection with its $420 million Rule 144A offering of senior secured notes and subsequent $50 million Rule 144A tack-on offering.
· Represented Terremark Worldwide, Inc. in connection with its $75 million Rule 144A offering of senior secured second lien notes.
· Represented MasTec, Inc. in concurrent public offerings of $115 million in senior convertible notes and $63 million in common stock.
· Represented MasTec, Inc. in connection with its private placement of $100 million in senior convertible notes.
· Represented MasTec Inc. in connection with its $150 million Rule 144A offering of senior notes.
· Represented Terremark Worldwide, Inc. in connection with its public offering of $88 million of common stock.
Mergers and Acquisitions
· Represented Terremark Worldwide, Inc. in its acquisition by Verizon Communications Inc. in a deal with an equity value of approximately $2 billion and an enterprise value of approximately $2.5 billion, ranking it as the largest pairing of a telco and a colocation provider, the largest transaction in the cloud computing space, amongst the largest and most significant transactions within the IT industry and as the largest transaction for Verizon since its acquisition of MCI in 2005.
· Represented Gentiva Health Services, Inc. in its $1 billion acquisition of Odyssey Healthcare, Inc.
· Represented MasTec, Inc. in its (a) approximately $166 million acquisition of Precision Pipeline, LLC and its related affiliate, Precision Transport Company, LLC and (b) acquisition of EC Source, an electronic transmission and substation projects company.
· Represented Nasdaq-traded orthopedic implants manufacturer in connection with its acquisition of a sole source supplier for its direct compression molded (DCM) polyethylene bearings for its proprietary knee system.
· Represented Nasdaq-traded orthopedic implants manufacturer in connection with its acquisition of a North Carolina-based company engaged in the research, development, manufacture, and marketing of spinal implant devices and related product.
· Represented Church Services, a portfolio company of Pine Tree Equity I, LP, in its acquisition of Christian Brothers Air Conditioning, Inc.
· Represented Terremark Worldwide, Inc. in connection with its $250 million secured credit facility, comprising a $150 million first lien facility and a $100 million second lien facility.
· Represented Nasdaq-traded orthopedic implants manufacturer in connection with its $40 million syndicated credit facility and subsequent $15 million accordion.
Securities Compliance and Reporting
· Ongoing representation of several NYSE, Nasdaq and NYSE AMEX-traded public companies.
· Financial Advisor, Prudential Securities, Inc.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Featured, "Attorneys Help Orthopedic Company Obtain $100M Loan," Daily Business Review, March 7, 2012
· Mentioned, "Attorney Helps Terremark Get $75 Million in Bond Financing," Daily Business Review, November 24, 2010