- Fidelity, Surety and Specialty Bonds
- Commercial Litigation
|University ||University of Florida, B.A., with high honors, 1991|
|Law School||University of Florida, J.D., with high honors, 1994 Order of the Coif|
|Admitted||1994, Florida; All State and District Courts Florida; United States Supreme Court; United States Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit; United States Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit; United States Court of Appeals Federal Circuit|
|Born||Ridgewood, New Jersey, September 15, 1969|
Duane A. Daiker is Board Certified by the Florida Bar as an Appellate Practice Specialist. He represents individual and corporate clients in a variety of appellate matters. His appellate practice extends to all state and federal appellate courts in Florida, including the Florida Supreme Court. Duane is active in the appellate practice sections of The Florida Bar and the Hillsborough County Bar Association. In 2012, Duane was elected to the Executive Council of the Appellate Practice Section of the Florida Bar, and in 2013 he was elected as Secretary/Treasurer of the Appellate Practice Section.
Duane also represents surety companies in connection with payment, performance, and fiduciary bond disputes throughout the State of Florida. His surety practice encompasses all aspects of suretyship, from initial claim evaluation to claim litigation and recovery. Duane previously served on the Editorial Board of the Fidelity and Surety Digest published by the American Bar Association, and is a regular presenter at surety conferences around the country.
Duane has served as an Adjunct Professor at St. Petersburg College, teaching classes in law, legal research and legal writing, since 2000.
While at the University of Florida College of Law, Duane was the Editor-in-Chief of the Florida Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif.
Duane is certified by the Supreme Court of Florida as an Arbitrator, and regularly arbitrates disputes for the Better Business Bureau and The Florida Bar Association.
· AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
· Board Certified Appellate Specialist, 2007-present
· Florida Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine
Professional and Community Affiliations
· The Florida Bar, Appellate Practice Section: Secretary/Treasurer, 2013-2014; Executive Council, 2012-2013
· The Florida Bar, Appellate Rules Committee: Member 2012-2015; Sub-Committee Chair, 2013-2014
· Hillsborough County Bar Association, Chair, Appellate Practice Section, 2008-2010
· American Bar Association, Torts and Insurance Practice Section
· TIPS Fidelity and Surety Law Committee
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#667 in weekly profile views out of 5,786 lawyers in Tampa, Florida|
|#131,925 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|