Practice/Industry Group Overview
Corporate trust attorneys at Duane Morris have long and extensive experience in representing some of the largest financial institutions in the United States in connection with their appointment and administration as indenture trustee under corporate and municipal indentures, as master trustee, owner trustee and pass-through trustee, as escrow, collateral, paying and tender agent, and in a variety of other financial intermediary capacities.
Consequently, Duane Morris has developed a keen and an in-depth understanding of the legal framework governing trust indentures and the corporate trust industry, and particularly in advising indenture trustees and other financial intermediaries with regard to their rights and duties in connection with the day-to-day administration and services under the indentures, other agreements and the underlying rules and regulations, as well as in connection with successions, defaults, bankruptcies, and more complex and unusual legal situations and issues.
Our corporate trust representation experience includes:
- Traditional corporate debt issues
- Unsecured as well as secured transactions
- Municipal and revenue bonds issues
- Leveraged lease transactions, including aircraft, rail cars, vessels, power plants
- Sale lease-back transactions
- Mortgage backed securitizations
- Asset backed securitizations
- Project financings, including power generation and telecom
- Multi tier debt issues
- Master trust structures
- Stranded cost securitizations
- Exchange offers
- Consent solicitations
We also represent trustees in connection with post closing administration issues, default and default administration matters and bankruptcies, and general compliance reviews.