Practice/Industry Group Overview
The Duane Morris China Practice Group provides Chinese companies with effective and practical solutions for doing business in South East Asia, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, North America and Latin America, as well as counsel to companies with operations and transactions in China. With an office in Shanghai, managed through our joint-law venture Duane Morris & Selvam LLP, Duane Morris focuses on helping clients achieve investment and business goals, with an emphasis on facilitating outbound investment for Chinese corporations. Additionally, the China Practice supports foreign aspects relating to inbound investment and works with local law firms on domestic aspects of Chinese law.
As a full-service global law firm, armed with a multitude of competencies in various practice areas, Duane Morris has the international reach needed to serve clients in the increasingly borderless global economy.
The China Practice serves several particular industry sectors, including energy and utilities, financial institutions, telecommunications, manufacturing, information technology and transportation. We assist a wide range of clients in these industries with:
- Advice on foreign direct investment
- Capital structuring and financing
- Investment and growth strategies
- Corporate law, including advice on public offerings, private placements, shareholder rights, anti-takeover measures, board issues
- Licensing and joint ventures
- Intellectual property matters
- Reporting requirements and regulatory issues
- Securities disputes and litigation
- Limited partnership syndications
Our China Practice team includes lawyers qualified to practice law in China, Singapore, the United Kingdom, the United States and elsewhere. Our team works closely with a wide spectrum of Chinese professionals, including bankers, financiers, tax advisers, project consultants and lawmakers. Our professionals have a deep understanding and knowledge of the Chinese culture and maintain connections with individuals, entities and businesses in China.