E. Jeffrey Walsh is a commercial litigator who has practiced law for over 35 years. As co-chair of Greenberg Traurig's Construction Law Practice and former head of the Phoenix Litigation Group, he represents plaintiffs and defendants in business, commercial and construction disputes. He takes cases on an hourly rate and on alternative billing arrangements, including, in appropriate circumstances, on a contingent fee. Mr. Walsh has been recognized for over ten years in Best Lawyers in America for commercial litigation, construction litigation and real estate litigation. He has also been recognized over the past eight years by Southwest Super Lawyers, including, since 2009, as one of its Top 50 Attorneys, in Arizona Business Magazine's Top Attorneys in Arizona, and in the Business Journal's Best of the Bar in Phoenix Metropolitan Area. His practice focuses on resolution of business disputes in litigation, arbitration and in other venues, and on appeal. He has served as lead trial counsel in over 40 trials, arbitrations and evidentiary hearings for injunctive relief, appointment of a receiver, imposition of a constructive trust, and other relief. He has also briefed and argued over two dozen appeals for public and private sector clients. He has appeared in courts in Arizona, California, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Michigan, Colorado, New York, Texas, Indiana and Louisiana.
Areas of Concentration
• Business Litigation
• Representing businesses, corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other shareholders, members, partners and individuals in contract, purchase and sale, distribution and franchise disputes, stock valuation disputes, oppressed shareholder and other corporate governance claims, breach of fiduciary duty claims, fraud, securities fraud and other business torts, Lanham Act claims, arbitrations, and other litigation.
• Construction Law
• Representing public and private owners, general contractors, major subcontractors and design professionals on public and private projects in contract drafting and negotiation claims preparation, arbitration and trial of claims, surety claims, an design professional liability issues.
• Real Estate Litigation
• Representation of owners, developers, purchasers, sellers and lenders in contract and tort litigation arising out of transactions. Representation of landlords and major tenants in commercial lease disputes. General real estate issues, including title disputes, contract and commission disputes and broker error and omissions.
Awards & Recognition
• Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation; Construction Law; Litigation - Construction; Litigation- Real Estate, 2005-2016
• Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Southwest Super Lawyers, 2007-2015
• Top 50 Attorneys in Arizona, 2009-2015
• Listed, The Legal 500 United States, Real Estate and Construction - Construction, 2009, 2012 and 2014
• Listed, Arizona's Finest Lawyers, 2011
• Recommended, PLC Which Lawyer?, 2009-2010
• Listed, Arizona Business magazine, Top Attorneys of Arizona, 2006-2010
• Recommended, Practical Law Company, PLC Dispute Resolution Handbook, 2008
• Listed, Phoenix Business Journal Best of the Bar, 2005-2006
• Rated, AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
AV, BV, AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
Associated News & Events
08.19.15 23 Greenberg Traurig Arizona Attorneys Recognized in 2016 Best Lawyers in America
07.15.14 Greenberg Traurig Ranked in 2014 Legal 500 United States Guide
08.19.13 26 Phoenix Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers in America 2014 List
09.27.12 24 Greenberg Traurig Phoenix Attorneys Included in 2013 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
06.21.12 Greenberg Traurig Continues Excellence With 51 Shareholders Recognized Nationally by The Legal 500
04.13.12 24 Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Recognized in the 2012 edition of Southwest Super Lawyers
09.29.11 Twenty-Three Greenberg Traurig Attorneys in Phoenix Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2012
06.15.11 53 Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Featured in 2011 Edition of Legal 500 United States
10.26.10 23 Greenberg Traurig Attorneys in Phoenix Office Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2011
05.05.10 17 Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Recognized in the 2010 edition of Southwest Super Lawyers