Eddie is the Managing Member of the firm's San Diego office, and he also serves on the firm's Policy Committee. His practice is focused on a full range of corporate and securities matters, including corporate formation, mergers and acquisitions, venture financing, technology licensing, and general business counseling for both public and private companies.
He has extensive experience with counseling public and private companies in the life sciences, healthcare services, telecommunications, software, hardware, e-commerce, and information technology industries in a broad range of transactional matters.
Eddie has represented clients in over 250 mergers and acquisition transactions. He also has represented investors and private companies in numerous private equity financings valued in excess of $300 million. Eddie has represented clients in numerous securities offerings ranging from venture capital financings to public offerings.
Before joining Mintz Levin, Eddie was the firm-wide practice group leader of the corporate and securities group at an international law firm in the San Diego area.
While studying at Stanford Law School, Eddie was the editor-in-chief of the Stanford Journal of International Law and the articles editor of the Stanford Law and Policy Review.
Recognitions & Awards
•San Diego Business Journal: Best of the Bar (2014)
•San Diego Super Lawyers: Mergers & Acquisitions (2007 - 2015)
•Best Lawyers in America: Corporate Law (2015 - 2016)
•Lawdragon: 500 Leading Dealmakers in America (2007)
•Lawdragon: 500 New Stars, New Worlds (2006)
•Daily Transcript: The Transcript 10 (2006)
•San Diego Metropolitan: 40 Under 40 (2003)
•Speaker, Understanding Start-Up Financing - From Seed to Venture Capital, STC 2015 Fall Seminar Series, University of New Mexico (09.17.2015)
•Speaker, Startup 101: Half-Day Boot Camp, San Diego, CA (06.02.2015)
•Panelist, Strategic Law Firm Expansion Panel, NALSC 2013 Annual Conference, The National Association of Legal Search Consultants, San Diego, CA (04.18.2013)
•Speaker, Health Care Reform: What's Happened and What's Next for California Companies, Mintz Levin and ML Strategies, San Diego, CA (04.20.2010)
• Seventy-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2016 Edition, (08.17.2015)
• Mintz Levin Expands West Coast Litigation with Addition of Antony Nash, (02.09.2015)
• Mintz Levin Further Bolsters IP Practice and West Coast Presence with Addition of Kenneth E. Jenkins, (01.30.2015)
• Fourteen Mintz Levin Members Named 2015 Southern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (01.23.2015)
• Mintz Levin Client Ivera Medical CEO Bob Rogers Named Healthcare Entrepreneur of the Year, (09.30.2014)
• Mintz Levin Strengthens Real Estate Practice with Addition of Christopher Stephens in San Diego, (09.03.2014)
• Sixty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2015 Edition, (08.18.2014)
• San Diego Business Journal Names Three Mintz Levin Members “Best of the Bar”, (07.08.2014)
• Mintz Levin Bolsters California Employment Practice with Addition of Member Jennifer B. Rubin to San Diego Office, (05.28.2014)
• Eleven Mintz Levin Members Named Southern California Super Lawyers, (01.17.2014)
• Nine Mintz Levin Members Named San Diego Super Lawyers, (06.10.2013)
• Mintz Levin Expands Corporate & Securities Practice in San Diego, (12.03.2012)
• Five Mintz Levin Members Named San Diego Super Lawyers, (06.28.2012)
•Featured in Mintz Levin's Eddie Wang Rodriguez on the State of the Law Industry, San Diego Daily Transcript (04.18.2012)
• Mintz Levin Nabs 3 Proskauer, Baker & McKenzie Attys, Law360 (01.12.2012)
• Six Mintz Levin Members Named San Diego Super Lawyers, (06.13.2011)
• Five Mintz Levin Members Named San Diego Super Lawyers, (07.07.2010)
• Eddie Wang Rodriguez Named Managing Member of Mintz Levin's San Diego Office, (08.11.2009)
• Multiple Mintz Levin Attorneys Named to San Diego Daily Transcript's 2008 Top Attorneys List, (07.16.2008)
• Five Mintz Levin Members Named San Diego Super Lawyers, (06.11.2008)
• San Diego office Poised for Continued Growth with Move to new Torrey Hills Location, (11.26.2007)
• Mintz Levin Attorney Eddie Rodriguez Named Lawdragon 500 Leading Dealmaker, (07.10.2007)
• Four Mintz Levin Members Named San Diego Super Lawyers, (06.01.2007) (Also at Los Angeles and San Francisco Offices)