Ed Amer represents private equity and venture capital firms, investors and private companies in a broad range of business and financing transactions. His practice focuses primarily on private equity acquisitions and dispositions, venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, start-up company counseling and general corporate representation. Prior to pursuing a career in law, Ed worked as a lighting technician in the motion picture industry.
· Represented Ampersand Capital Partners in its investments in Blue Sky Biotech, a contract research organization; Modified Polymer Components, a manufacturer of polymer components for medical device OEMs; and ATS Labs, an antimicrobial testing services business.
· Represented Magellan Biosciences in the sale of its microbiology testing products division, TREK Diagnostic Systems, to Thermo Fischer Scientific.
· Represented a syndicate of investors, including Novartis Venture Fund and Venture Investors, in its investment in Euthymics Bioscience, a company developing novel medicines for major depressive disorder and ADHD.
· Represented IBT Laboratories in its merger with ViraCor Laboratories, forming in ViraCor-IBT Laboratories, a leading specialty diagnostics testing lab.
· Represented a syndicate of investors, including MPM Capital and Oxford Bioscience Partners, in its investment in Radius Health.
· Represented Ampersand Capital Partners and SV Life Sciences in the acquisition of a controlling interest in CRI Worldwide, a leading provider of clinical research services to the pharmaceutical industry.
· Represented Novartis Venture Fund in its investment in drug development company Tokai Pharmaceuticals.
· Represented MPM Capital and New Enterprise Associates in their investment in Rhythm, a biotechnology company developing peptide therapeutics for metabolic diseases.
· Represented Open Ratings, a venture-backed on-line supply chain management company, in its acquisition by Dun & Bradstreet.
· Represented Ampersand Capital Partners in the leveraged buyout of K-TEK Corp., a leading global manufacturer of state-of-the-art level instrumentation for liquid and bulk solids detection.
· Represented K-TEK Corp. in its sale to ABB, the global power and automation technology group.
· General counsel to Ampersand Capital Partners.
· General counsel to Boston Heart Diagnostics Corporation.
· General counsel to Castlewood Surgical, Inc.
· General counsel to EnVivo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
· General counsel to GnuBIO Inc.
· General counsel to Magellan Biosciences, Inc.
· General counsel to ViraCor-IBT Laboratories, Inc.