|Contact Info||Telephone: 650-342-9600|
|Mailing Address||216 Park Road, Burlingame, California, 94010|
|Law School||Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, J.D.|
|Memberships ||State Bar of California (Member, Business Law Section)|
Ed offers comprehensive legal representation to businesses of all sizes. With a proven understanding of the financial and operational concerns of his clients, Ed provides strategic counsel for navigating and negotiating significant transactions. Working in tandem with business owners and top-level management, he assists in the formulation of long-term strategies that enhance fiscal stability and business growth.
Ed routinely consults on the formation of new businesses, contracts and issues relating to emerging companies. He also has substantial experience in mergers and acquisitions and state and federal securities law compliance.
- Business formation
- Debt and equity financings
- Buy/sell agreements
- State and federal securities law compliance
- Advising a family-owned import company on day-to-day legal issues as annual sales grew from $1 to $10 million; assisted with sale of business to a strategic buyer, including structuring, negotiating and documenting the sale on behalf of the family.
- Facilitating a complex $18.6 million financing for a regional transportation company, including structuring and documenting the combination of a term loan and revolving line of credit provided by an affiliate of a major U.S. bank with a term loan and equity investment by affiliates of a San Francisco-based merchant bank.
- Structuring the merger of two health care institutions, each with numerous subdivisions and combined annual revenue of $500 million. The transaction required the identification and resolution of potentially problematic areas, including compliance with bond covenants, ERISA, labor agreements, antitrust and state government approval processes.
- Representing a Bay Area-based venture capital fund with investments in its portfolio companies, including final negotiation and documentation of legal due diligence investigations of the portfolio companies.
- Hillsborough School Foundation
- Shelter Network of San Mateo County
Honors and Awards
- AV® Preeminent™
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#37 in weekly profile views out of 401 lawyers in Burlingame, California|
|#109,102 in weekly profile views out of 1,692,898 total lawyers Overall|