Practice/Industry Group Overview
Many people divide the world into continents, regions and countries, often carved up by arbitrary lines drawn on a map . Not our lawyers. The lawyers of the firm’s Cross Border practice group recognize that the world and its global economy, cultures, and issues become more entwined everyday. It is our mission to assist our clients in achieving their global ambitions in an efficient and simplified manner, regardless of the timezone. We have an international footprint and cross border work is at the heart of what we do. Our clients know and appreciate our global reach, outlook and perspective. We invite you to look further - we think we have mapped a new type of territory.
- We represent clients in domestic and cross border transactions worldwide.
- Our global clients include public and private companies and entities of all sizes, in virtually every type of representation – for example, general counseling, M&A, financings, reorganizations, intellectual property creation and commercialization, joint ventures and many other business transactions.
- Industries include private equity, venture capital, technology, life sciences, healthcare, communications (broadcasting & media, telecommunications, cable and wireless), insurance/reinsurance, energy, investment management, precious metals, and manufacturing.
- Seamless, comprehensible advice, bridging nuances of legal systems, customs, languages and terminology.
- Interdisciplinary group of multi-cultural and multi-lingual lawyers with decades of international commercial practice providing experienced and coordinated transactions efficiently across issues, practice areas, and boundaries.
- Deep understanding of the operational needs of businesses of all sizes and the challenges of the global economies in which they operate.
- Founding membership (25 years ago) in a selective, international association of law firms (The World Law Group) to enhance highly specialized advice through established relationships with more then 50 independent, best-in-class law firm members in key global commercial centers on six continents.
Geographic Focus. Our global practice includes clients and work worldwide including in Africa, Asia, Australia, China, Europe, Japan. the Middle East, and the Americas. We have also developed particular practice area focus in a number of geographic regions. Please click on the links below to learn more about our work in these regions:
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Emerging Markets
- Hong Kong
- Latin America
- Scandinavian and Nordic Regions
- South Asia
Representative International Engagements. Our worldwide representations include work in a multiple practice areas and industries.
- Asset Recovery
- Corporate / Securities
- Data Protection / Privacy
- Debt Finance
- Digital Media
- Infrastructure and Government Works
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Intellectual Property / Licensing & Collaborations
- Labor & Employment
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity/Venture Capital/ Fund Formation
Articles Authored by Lawyers at this office:
UK SFO Director Explains when Prosecution would be Unlikely to Follow a Self-Report
Jamie Humphreys,Antonio Suarez-Martinez, November 04, 2013
In a recent talk, David Green QC, the director of the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), made a strong argument in favour of self-reporting and the changes that he had introduced when he replaced Richard Alderman. Last year, David Green withdrew the SFO’s guidance on self-reporting and clarified...
International Enforcement of English Asset Recovery Judgments
Charlotte Bunn,Chimé Dorjee,James Maton, October 14, 2013
Civil proceedings brought by the state or a state entity are one mechanism to recover the proceeds of corruption, or to claim compensation for corrupt acts. Substantial corruption cases typically are international in scope. The proceeds of a corrupt transaction are often laundered through and to...