Practice/Industry Group Overview
We Do Deals. Our global practice was listed at number 13 by Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst as one of the most active practices, with 261 private equity and venture capital deals closed in 2012. Our substantial deal volume combined with our specific industry positions allow us to provide creative and pragmatic advice regarding deal structures, industry trends and market terms.
Client Focused. We value our client relationships. We strive to exceed expectations. This includes:
- Understanding our client’s business.
- Building strong interdisciplinary teams to service client needs.
- Staying ahead of the curve to advise our client’s on market deal terms and alternative approaches to structuring deals.
- Providing client service marked by hands-on partner involvement, with a premium on responsiveness, collaboration, and value-added expertise.
Spectrum of Services
- Venture capital teams represent funds and venture-backed companies, as well as their founders, from formation through financing and exit.
- Private equity clients include funds, management teams, buyers, sellers and lenders. We advise on all aspects of buyouts, portfolio company operations and strategic initiatives, and exit transactions.
- Fund formation practice handles the formation of private equity and venture capital funds. Our experience ranges from the representation of general partners raising first time funds, to reviewing and negotiating dozens of fund partnership agreements on behalf of institutional limited partners.
Industry Depth. We maintain a preeminent position in middle market buyouts, and have critical domain expertise in the following areas:
- Life sciences
- Communications (broadcast and media, cable, telecommunications and wireless)
- Information technology and software
- Manufacturing and business services
Global Reach. We represent private equity and venture capital clients worldwide and are located in thriving private equity and venture capital business capitals, including:
- Boston and Providence
- Hong Kong, China and Asia
- New York
- Central and Eastern Europe
Representative Venture Capital Clients
- Aidine Capital Partners
- Altus Capital Partners
- Ampersand Capital Partners
- Battelle Ventures
- Battery Ventures
- Bessemer Venture Partners
- Boston Medical Investors
- Brightspark Capital
- Celtic House Venture Partners
- Centerfield Capital Partners
- China Development Industrial Bank (CDIB)
- Constellation Ventures
- Energy Investors Funds Group
- Edison Ventures
- Fidelity Biosciences
- Flagship Ventures
- Hispania Capital Partners
- Innovations Kapital
- Key Venture Partners
- M/C Venture Partners
- MDS Capital
- Merck Capital Ventures
- Monroe Capital
- MPM Capital LLC
- MVC Capital
- Nautic Partners
- Novartis Option Fund
- Novartis Venture Fund
- Oxford Bioscience Partners
- Point Judith Capital
- Schooner Capital
- Seaport Capital
- SV Life Sciences
- Seaport Capital
- Tregaron Capital
- VIMAC Ventures LLC
Articles Authored by Lawyers at this office:
SBA Issues Proposed Rule Permitting SBICs to Invest in Double Holding Companies
Christopher J. Douglass,Alan B. Roth,Michael R. Wilson, January 03, 2014
On December 23, 2013, the U.S. Small Business Administration (“SBA”) issued a proposed rule to revise the Small Business Investment Company (“SBIC”) regulations regarding investments in passive businesses and the use of double holding companies in structuring SBIC...