Eileen Libby acts as counsel to employers in the full range of labour relations and employment law matters, including collective bargaining negotiations, arbitrations, restructurings, labour relations board matters, human rights proceedings, and occupational health and safety matters. Eileen also practices extensively in the areas of professional regulation and health law.
Eileen has appeared before all levels of courts in Saskatchewan, the Canada Industrial Relations Board, the Saskatchewan Labour Relations Board, boards of arbitration, human rights tribunals and professional regulatory bodies. She has served as a hearing officer under the Saskatchewan Police Act.
· Law Society of Saskatchewan - President (2010); Bencher (2007-2012)
· Women Entrepreneurs of Saskatchewan - Member
· Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan - Director
· Law Foundation of Saskatchewan - Director
· Regina Chamber of Commerce - Member (since 1993)
· Canadian Bar Association National Council - Former Member
· Saskatchewan Literacy Foundation - Former Director
· YWCA of Regina - Former Director (2003-2006)
Awards & Distinctions
· One of Benchmark Canada's "Local Litigation Stars"
· Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada - Labour and Employment Law (since 2011)
· Named Labour and Employment Lawyer of the Year for Regina by US-based Best Lawyers (2012)
· Named one of Canada's Leading Lawyers in The Canadian Lexpert Legal Directory - Employment Law (Management)
· Lexis-Nexis / Martindale-Hubbell - "BV Peer Review Rated"
· Appointed Queen's Counsel (2009)