Eliot Pedrosa is a first-chair trial lawyer whose experience includes products liability, commercial disputes, international litigation and regulatory investigations. Earlier in his career, Eliot also worked as an enforcement attorney at the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, where he handled investigations and enforcement actions for violations of the federal securities laws.
Areas of Concentration
· Products liability
· Complex commercial litigation
· International litigation
· Class actions
· Copyright and entertainment litigation
· Securities litigation
· Regulatory and enforcement investigations
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, Third District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission (appointed by Governor Rick Scott)
· Federalist Society, Member of the Board of Directors of the Miami Lawyer's Division and Past Vice Chairman of the Class Action Subcommittee of the National Litigation Practice Group
· Former President and Member of the Board of Directors, Florida International University Alumni Association, Honors College Chapter
· American Bar Association, Dade County Bar Association, Cuban American Bar Association, Republican National Lawyers Association
· Past Member, Board of Directors, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Miami
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2013-2014
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2009, 2012-2013
· Listed, South Florida Legal Guide, one of "South Florida's Top Up & Comers," 2003-2013
· Recognized, Florida Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," and "Best Up and Comer," 2005, 2007
· Recipient, "Distinguished Alumnus Torch Award," Florida International University of the Honors College
· Team Member, "Corporate & Finance - Law Firm of the Year (Florida-Based)," Chambers Latin America Awards, 2010-2011
· Listed, South Florida Business Journal, "40 Under 40," 2009
· Team Member, "Focus on Latin America - Law Firm of the Year (Florida-Based)," Chambers Latin America Inaugural Awards for Excellence, 2009
· Lead trial counsel for Lorillard Tobacco Company in multiple actions pending throughout Florida courts.
· Lead trial counsel in defense of a major bank in its capacity as indenture trustee in an arbitration claim by a bondholder resulting in an arbitration award in favor of the bank.
· Lead trial counsel in defense of Spanish media company against claims by a competitor in the Spanish-language radio business.
· Lead counsel in the defense of the world's largest fragrance company in a lawsuit by a former Peruvian distributor resulting in a dismissal of all claims.
· Lead counsel in the representation of a record label and music company in the defense of several litigation matters.
· Defended a real estate investment company on an arbitration claim by a former joint venture partner resulting in a dismissal of the claims.
· Defended a large, international brokerage firm on a claim for breach of contract by the estate of a former client resulting in dismissal of the claim.
· Intern, Office of United States Senator Connie Mack, Miami, Florida, 1995
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Author, "The History of the Law of Civil Procedure in Latin America," published in Martha A. Field and William W. Fisher, Legal Reform in Latin America: Dispute Resolution and Property Systems (Harvard Studies in International Development), Appendix A, 391-399 (Harvard Univ. Press 2001)