- Intellectual Property
- IP Litigation
- Complex Litigation
- Media & Telecommunications
- Commercial Litigation
|Education||Nottingham University (LL.B., Law with Australian Law)|
|Admitted||England & Wales|
Ellen is an Associate in the Intellectual Property department, specialising in IP/IT litigation.
· Ellen spent three years working on behalf of an industry association aimed at enforcing its members copyright by preventing software piracy and use of unlicensed copies of its members software. Following reviews of software audits provided by the 'target' companies, Ellen successfully negotiated and drafted numerous settlement agreements in addition to encouraging compliance purchases of the infringed software.
· Ellen played a major role working for a large software development company in a dispute with one of its customers for alleged breach of contract.
· Ellen successfully negotiated an acceptable commercial agreement relating to a dispute over the provision of source code by a sub-contracted software developer to a marketing company.
· Ellen led a team of trainee solicitors in a high volume e-disclosure exercise as part of extensive patent and confidential information litigation.
· Ellen negotiated terms on which several well-known sports brands can manufacture products so as not to infringe the client's rights and registered trade marks.
· Ellen has delivered detailed pre-publication defamation advice to a number of clients to avoid any defamation claims being brought against them.
· As well as contentious experience, Ellen understands the commercial needs of her clients having spent five months on secondment to a multinational pharmaceutical company as part of her training contract, where she drafted and negotiated procurement contracts, licensing agreements, outsourcing agreements and clinical trial agreements.
Before Edwards Wildman
Prior to joining the firm in January 2012, Ellen trained and qualified at a major City IP law firm in London where she spent four years specialising in Commercial and IP/IT litigation. As part of her undergraduate law degree at the University of Nottingham, Ellen spent a year studying law on exchange at the University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
Besides Edwards Wildman
In her spare time Ellen enjoys all aspects of the arts and spending time with friends and family.
A keen traveller, Ellen has spent time in Asia, Australia, Europe and North America.
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Ministry Of Sound and Spotify Settle Copyright Infringement Dispute
Ellen Hughes-Jones,Akash Sachdeva, March 11, 2014
The arguable king of the nightclub industry Ministry of Sound last week reached a settlement with streaming service Spotify in relation to its claim for alleged copyright infringement over playlists based on Ministry of Sound compilations.
|Profile Visibility |
|#717 in weekly profile views out of 19,595 lawyers in London, England|
|#171,772 in weekly profile views out of 1,519,763 total lawyers Overall|