As a member of the 300-lawyer Corporate & Securities Practice of the firm, Enrique A. Conde, who is licensed in Florida and New York, handles domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate financings, joint ventures and all types of general contractual matters throughout North, Central and South America, the Caribbean and Europe. Fluent in Spanish, Enrique has also advised Latin American and European companies doing business in the United States.
Areas of Concentration
· Corporate Finance
· General Corporate Law and Securities
Professional & Community Involvement
· Founder, The Futuro Program (a community outreach program to provide high school students with positive role models and educational workshops)
· Alumni Board Member, Ransom Everglades School
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, International Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2013
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Team Member, "Corporate & Finance - Law Firm of the Year (Florida-Based)," Chambers Latin America Awards, 2010, 2011 and 2013
· Team Member, Latin Lawyer magazine, "Deal of the Year - Restructuring" Award, 2012
· Member, team ranked as a top corporate law firm in Miami as selected by corporate directors, in the annual "Legal Industry Research Study," Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc. (10th year), 2002-2009, 2011-2012
· Selected, The M&A Advisor, Winning Deal Team - Distressed M&A Deal of the Year (Over $100mm), Turnaround Awards, 2011
· Team Member, "Focus on Latin America - Law Firm of the Year (Florida-Based)," Chambers Latin America Inaugural Awards for Excellence, 2009
· Listed, Latin Lawyer magazine, "M&A Deal of the Year" Award, 2008
Mergers and Acquisitions
· Represented Rowland Coffee Roasters, Inc., a privately held company based in Miami and best known for the leading Hispanic brands Café Bustelo® and Café Pilon®, in the $360 million sale of its coffee brands and business operations to The J.M. Smucker Company.
· Represented a special purpose acquisition vehicle (SPAC) in the $900 million acquisition of an international press and media company.
· Represented consortium of investors in the purchase of substantially all of the Latin America and Caribbean operations of McDonald's Corporation for approximately US$700 million.
· Represented Brightstar Corp., a global leader in solutions for the wireless industry, in its acquisition of eSecuritel, a leading provider of cell phone and wireless products insurance services.
· Represented a Salvadoran financial institution in its US$900 million sale to Colombia's largest full-service financial institution conducted through simultaneous tender offers in Panama and El Salvador.
· Represented regional Panamanian investment company in connection with the purchase of 49.9% interest in a regional cable operator in Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Costa Rica.
· Represented Panamanian company in the US$145 million sale of a publicly traded Costa Rican manufacturing company with 30 subsidiaries located throughout Latin America to a French/Belgian conglomerate.
· Represented a U.S. internationally recognized engineering firm in the acquisition of a Spanish multidisciplinary consulting engineering and management firm that designs global solutions within the main engineering and architectural fields.
· Represented a Panamanian distribution company in the sale of 70% of the companies that own one of South America's most popular infant product brands and distributes other brands throughout the region.
· Represented one of the largest quick service restaurants in the U.S. in a number of joint ventures and development projects throughout Central America, Mexico, Europe and other regions.
· Represented a consortium of investors in connection with the purchase of a 50% interest in a US$770 million joint venture formed to provide credit cards and personal loans to customers in Mexico.
· Represented Satélites Mexicanos, S.A. de C.V., one of only two privately-managed fixed satellite service providers in Latin America, in its offering of US$325 million in principal amount of new 9.5% senior secured notes and its US$35 million follow-on offering.
· Member of Greenberg Traurig team that represented MAT Concessionaire, LLC and its sponsors, Meridiam Infrastructure Fund and Bouygues Travaux Publics, S.A., in the Port of Miami Tunnel project, one of the first greenfield public-private partnerships in the United States.
· Represented investment fund in connection with a US$45 million mezzanine financing for a regional wireless communications provider in British Virgin Islands, Netherland Antilles, Aruba and Cayman Islands.
Public and Private Offerings
· Represented a real estate investment trust in connection with a debt offering of US$125 million of senior notes.
· Represented a Brazilian steakhouse chain in its initial private offering for the development of its first restaurant in Delray Beach, Florida.
· Represented a Guatemalan produce company in connection with its domestic and international operations.
· Analyst, Investment Banking Division, Thomas Weisel Partners, LLC, 2001
· Intern, Hon. Richard C. Casey, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, Summer 2003
· Intern, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Market Surveillance Division of Enforcement, Washington, D.C., Summer 2002
(Also at New York, NY Office)