Enzo Barichello, managing partner of the firm's Edmonton office and co-head of the Government Affairs and Public Policy practice, acts in commercial electrical power and gas transactions, mergers and acquisitions with a focus on transactions in the pharmaceutical sector, forestry purchase and sale transactions, major commercial leases, and major commercial and financing transactions. He also acts on airport management and operations transactions and related joint ventures.
Enzo has built a diverse practice as trusted counsel, acting for electrical power and gas utilities, pharmaceutical companies, airport operators and airport logistics corporations, major real estate developers, forestry companies, telecommunication companies, oil and gas corporations, chartered banks, overseas pension funds, smaller commercial enterprises and both local and foreign individuals.
He has lectured on drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and presents corporate/commercial seminars to clients on various topics relevant to his clients' businesses.
Enzo also serves on the boards of various corporations in different sectors, including the pharmaceutical industry. He is currently a Governor for the Board of Governors of Grant MacEwan University. He is past vice-chairman and director of the Edmonton Regional Airports Authority and a past board member of the Forestry Industry Suppliers Association of Alberta.
He is involved in the management of Bennett Jones LLP and associated firm entities including serving on the Board of Directors of the firm.
Enzo is a member of the Canadian Who's Who, published by University of Toronto Press as a reference source for leading and influential Canadians. He is fluent in English, French and Italian.
• ATCO Electric major electric transmission and distribution system construction in Alberta
• Stantec Inc. (NYSE, TSX: STN) and various affiliates in connection with the renewal and expansion of credit facilities of up to $440 million made available by a syndicate led by Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce and including Alberta Treasury Branches, Bank of America N.A., Canada Branch, National Bank of Canada, HSBC Bank Canada and Canadian Western Bank. Current adjustments included the addition of a $15 million multicurrency bid bond sub-facility made available by HSBC Bank Canada.
• Stantec Inc. (NYSE, TSX: STN) and various affiliates in connectionwith the renewal and expansion of creditfacilities of up to $425 million made available by a syndicate ledby Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce and including AlbertaTreasury Branches, Bank of America N.A., Canada Branch, NationalBank of Canada HSBC Bank Canada and Canadian Western Bank.
• LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
Enzo J. Barichello Q.C., received a BV Distinguished Peer Review Rating
• Federal Lobbying Act Rules for Post-Election Corporate Lobbying
News & Speaking Engagements
• Enzo Barichello and Anne McLellan Quoted in November/December Issue of Lexpert
• Enzo Barichello Appointed Managing Partner of the Firm's Edmonton Office