· AV-rated, Martindale-Hubbell
· The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation
· Top 40 Under 40, Memphis Business Journal, 2007
· Outstanding Subcommittee Chair, Litigation Section, American Bar Association, 2008 and 2011
· Tennessee Bar Association, Leadership Law 2010
· Mid-South Super Lawyers®, Class Action/Mass Torts
· Mid-South Rising Stars®, Personal Injury Defense: Products
· Product Liability Advisory Council, Sustaining Member
· American Bar Association
- Litigation Section
-- Mass Torts Committee Co-Chair, 2012-13
- Drug and Medical Device Subcommittee Co-Chair, 2010-12
- Toxic Torts Subcommittee Co-Chair, 2008-10
· Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Drug and Medical Device Committee
· Federal Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Memphis Mid-South Chapter, 2013 President
· Tennessee Bar Association
- Litigation Section
-- Executive Committee
· Lead Counsel in MDL proceedings in the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York on behalf of generic pharmaceutical manufacturer.
· Lead Counsel for pharmaceutical manufacturer in mass tort cases filed in Las Vegas, Nevada alleging Hepatitis C infection. Obtained dismissals of more than 4,000 plaintiffs claims.
· Defense of mass torts cases involving exposure to industrial chemicals in national venues including Madison County, Illinois and Wayne County, Michigan.
· Summary judgment obtained for manufacturer of metalworking fluids in mass torts case involving over 200 plaintiffs with claims exceeding $100 Million in the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan.
· After removal pursuant to the Class Action Fairness Act, successfully defeated remand efforts by plaintiffs in a putative class action seeking more than $50 billion for alleged identity theft, ultimately leading to outright dismissal.
· Defense of product liability cases involving pharmaceuticals, industrial tools, motor vehicles, air bags, agricultural products and chemical products.
· Prosecution and defense of cases involving claims for patent, copyright and trademark infringement.
· Prosecution and defense of commercial cases involving business disputes, unfair competition, breach of contract and restrictive covenants.
· Defense of environmental contamination cases involving CERCLA and contribution actions.
Papers, Presentations & Publications
· "Mensing: Preemption or Not?," Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 5 No. 1, 16-19 (February 2012).
· Panel Member, "Devising Novel End-Game Strategies in Bet-the-Company Litigation," ACI's National Advanced Forum on Managing and Resolving Mass Tort Products Liability Claims, New York, NY, October, 2010.
· Panel Chair and Seminar Co-Chair, "Chemical Products and Toxic Torts: From Crisis to Mass Litigation - Starting Smart and Finishing Strong," Houston, TX, October, 2010.
· "Comment C on Toxic Torts in the Restatements Third", ABA Section of Litigation, Mass Torts Newsletter, Summer 2010.
· Seminar Co-Chair, "Chemical Products and Toxic Torts: New Developments, Significant Trends and a View into the Future." ABA Section of Litigation, Products Liability and Mass Torts Committees, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Houston, TX, September, 2009.
· "Securities Actions and the CAFA Conundrum," Securities Law360, May 2009.
· "The Potential REACH of European Union Chemical Regulations into U.S. Courts," ABA Section of Litigation, Mass Torts Newsletter, Winter, 2008.
· "Consolidation: Tempering the Temptation for Judicial Economy,' ABA Section of Litigation, Trial Practice Journal, Fall 2008, Vol. 22, No. 3.
· "Beyond the HazCom Standard in Failure to Warn Claims", Defense Research Institute, For the Defense, April 2007.
· "Bellwether Plaintiffs Overview, Strategy and Implications," ABA Section of Litigation, Mass Torts Newsletter, Winter 2007.
· "Damages and Burden Shifting in Trademark and Copyright Cases in Defending Intellectual Property Cases," Defense Research Institute, 2006.
· "Joint Defense Agreements - Practical and Ethical Considerations," Defense Research Institute, For the Defense, February 2007.
· Regular columnist for DRI's "Daubert On-line," an electronic newsletter providing updates on the law applicable to expert witnesses.
· Panel Chair, Class Action Certification, ABA Section of Litigation, Chemical Products Subcommittee Meeting, Wilmington, Delaware, 2008.
· "Mass Torts: Looking Back But Heading Forward," ABA Section of Litigation, Mass Torts, Product Liability and Environmental Litigation Joint Meeting, Aspen, Colorado, 2008.
· "Developments in Mass Torts Law," ABA Section of Litigation, Mid-year meeting, San Antonio, Texas, 2007.
· "Civility and Professionalism in a Young Lawyer's Practice," Defense Research Institute, Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., 2007.
· "Products Liability," CLE, Memphis Bar Association, 2006.
· "Civility and Professionalism," CLE, Memphis Bar Association, 2007.
· "Defeating Class Certification in Complex Commercial Litigation," Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 2 No. 4, 14-19 (October 2009).
· "Generic Preemption after Levine," Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 3 No. 4, 6-9 (October 2010).