Fourth generation Langley-ite Erin Easingwood joined Cherrington Easingwood Kearl for her articles in 2005, practiced with the firm since her call to the bar in 2006, and continues to build her practice with Lindsay Kenney LLP. Ms. Easingwood has a mixed solicitor's practice including Corporate and Commercial Law, Wills and Estates, and Real Estate.
Erin earned her Bachelor of Arts with an Honours in Anthropology from the University of British Columbia in 2002. Ms. Easingwood attended McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, where she earned both a Bachelor of Civil Laws in French and a Bachelor of Laws in English in 2005. A leader at McGill, she won many awards including the William Kagan Memorial Prize for Distinction in the Study of Real Estate.
In her practice, Erin emphasizes developing and nurturing solid client relationships so as to ensure the best possible understanding of the clients' individual needs. Erin addresses the interdependent relationships among many areas of the law, and the need to often see the 'bigger picture' in the practice of law. She is also committed to finding the most pragmatic and efficient solution for her clients.
When not busy in the office, Erin Easingwood can be found pursuing her many interests from skiing, hiking, running, reading and spending time with friends and family, to training for triathlon. Erin put her enjoyment of cycling to good use by raising over $13,000 for the BC Cancer Agency and riding the Ride to Conquer Cancer from Vancouver to Seattle in memory of her father, R. Henry Easingwood. Erin follows in her father's footsteps by building a well respected career as a lawyer.
- William Kagan Memorial Prize for Distinction in the Study of Real Estate, McGill University
- Patricia Allen Participation Award for Substantially Enriching the Life of the Faculty, McGill University
Memberships and Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Vancouver Bar Association
- Fraser Valley Bar Association - Executive Member, Secretary (2008/09 - 2009/10)
- Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce (2006-present)
- Director, North Langley District (2009/10, 2010/11)
- Co-Chair, Golf Tournament Planning Committee (2008/09, 2009/10, 2010/11)
- Co-Chair, Business Showcase, 2010-11
- Canadian Cancer Society RELAY FOR LIFE 2009-
- Director, Luminary Ceremony Chair, 2009 - 2011
- Langley Spirit of B.C. Community Committee, 2007- 2010
- Director, Community Representative
- Township of Langley Standing Committee member
- Langley B.C. 150 Committee, Chair, 2005-2009 (Also at Vancouver Office)