|University ||Loyola University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1993|
|Law School||Loyola University, J.D., cum laude, 1996|
|Admitted||1996, Florida; 1997, United States District Court Middle District of Florida|
|Born||St. Petersburg, Florida, November 3, 1971|
Erin Smith Aebel is board certified as a health law specialist by the Florida Bar. She represents physicians, hospitals and other healthcare providers in business law and including fraud and abuse, Stark, HIPAA and licensure.
Erin's clients include hospitals, physicians, physician group practices, diagnostic imaging centers, pharmacies, clinical laboratories and medical spas.
Erin regularly advises clients on Stark, fraud and abuse, HIPAA and licensure issues arising from joint ventures, acquisitions and changes of ownership. She regularly prepares and negotiates hospital-related agreements, physician employment agreements, and medical director agreements. Erin is frequently involved in licensure and scope of practice issues for her clients, including weight loss clinics, medical spas and other providers.
While at Loyola Law School, Erin was the Articles Editor of the Loyola Law Review. She was awarded a Phelps Dunbar scholarship and the Warren E. Mouledoux Editor-In-Chief's award for outstanding law review dedication and service.
Erin frequently speaks and writes on health care topics. She has been published in Florida Medical Business and by the American Health Lawyers Association.
· AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
· Florida Legal Elite by Florida Trend magazine
· Florida Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine, 2008 - 2013
· Top Lawyer by Tampa Bay Magazine
Professional and Community Affiliations
· The Florida Bar, Executive Counsel to Health Law Section
· The Florida Bar, Health Law Certification Committee
· Network of Executive Women
· American Health Lawyers Association
· Indo-US Chamber of Commerce
· American Diabetes Association Tampa Bay, Chair of Community Leadership Board; Walk Chair for the Step Out to Stop Diabetes Walk
· Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida, Board of Directors
· Hillsborough County Bar Health Law Section, past Co-Chair
· Suncoast Health Care Executives, past President
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Regarding Physician Payments Sunshine Act
Erin Smith Aebel,Elena A. Kohn, August 1, 2013
On August 1, 2013 a new reporting obligation under the federal Physician Payments Sunshine Act (“Sunshine Act”) takes effect. The Sunshine Act was originally signed into law on March 23, 2010, as part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“ACA”). The purpose...
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#700 in weekly profile views out of 5,738 lawyers in Tampa, Florida|
|#133,092 in weekly profile views out of 1,510,377 total lawyers Overall|