Erin Szajna's practice is concentrated in real estate and finance. She represents buyers, sellers, owners and developers on a national basis in a variety of aspects of the acquisition, development, disposition and leasing of commercial, agricultural, industrial and medical use properties. Erin has experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating purchase and sale agreements for improved and unimproved real estate; drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial and medical leases, use restrictions and CC&Rs; and drafting, reviewing and negotiating development agreements.
· Represented a major hospital and health system corporation in a health care system merger, including conducting title and survey reviews and other diligence for 15 properties, negotiating ground leases and lease assignment and assumption agreements, negotiating complex modifications to 13 ground leases between the client, the ground tenant and the ground tenant's lender.
· Represented, on a national basis, landlords and tenants in various types of retail, industrial, office and medical office building leases and management agreements and in all aspects of the leasing process, including the negotiation of leases, work letters, extension agreements, termination and work out agreements, SNDAs, estoppel certificates and related documents. Clients included a national industrial landlord, a major hospital and health system corporation, and national restaurant companies.
Professional Memberships & Activities
· International Council of Shopping Centers
· State Bar of Arizona
- Real Property Section
-- Real Estate Transactional Manual, Editorial Committee Member
· Sandra Day O'Connor Inn of Court, Member
Representative Presentations & Publications
· Supreme Court decision may make it easier to challenge IRA land-into-trust acquisitions, Co-Author, Law360 (June 2012)
· Arizona Humane Society, Compassion With Fashion, Committee Member Arizona
Other Professional Experience
· Mack, Drucker & Watson, P.L.C. (2010-2011)
· Buchalter Nemer (2009-2010)
· Lewis and Roca LLP, Associate (2005-2009)
· Barness Papas Investments, LLC, In-House Counsel (2003-2005)
News & Events
04/15/2013, Southwest Super Lawyers Recognizes 53 Snell & Wilmer Attorneys in Phoenix and Tucson
Also Names 24 Attorneys to the 2012 Rising Stars List
11/01/2011, Snell & Wilmer Adds Two Attorneys to the Phoenix Office
06/20/2012, Legal Alert - Supreme Court Decision May Make it Easier to Challenge IRA Land-Into-Trust Acquisitions