|Contact Info||Telephone: 617.310.6201|
|University ||Sarah Lawrence College, B.A., Liberal Arts, 1989|
|Law School||Yale Law School, J.D., 1993; Senior Editor, Yale Law Journal; Senior Editor, Yale Journal of International Law; Senior Yale Law School Senator, Yale University Graduate Student Senate|
|Admitted||1995, Massachusetts; U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit; U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts; U.S. Tax Court|
|Memberships ||Boston Bar Association; Massachusetts Bar Association; American Bar Association (Committee Member, Science and Technology Committee of the Criminal Justice Section); National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. |
|Born||Cambridge, Massachusetts, May 3, 1967|
Evan Georgopoulos, an experienced civil and white collar criminal defense litigator, focuses his practice on commercial disputes and business crime defense. Evan has represented corporate and individual clients in civil and criminal actions in federal and state courts, criminal and administrative investigations, and in arbitrations and mediations around the country. Evan has broad experience representing and counseling corporations ranging from an international pharmaceuticals manufacturer to a regional university, and individuals ranging from corporate board members to production employees.
Areas of Concentration
· Commercial litigation
· Business crime defense
· Securities fraud
· Health care fraud
· Internal investigations and compliance
· Product liability defense
· Intellectual property litigation
Professional & Community Involvement
· Committee Member, Science and Technology Committee of the Criminal Justice Section, American Bar Association
· Member, Boston Bar Association
· Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
· Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
· Member, Yale Club of Boston
Awards & Recognition
· Rated, AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5
Broad experience in representing and counseling corporations ranging from an international pharmaceuticals manufacturer to a regional university, and individuals ranging from corporate board members to production employees. Evan's significant representations include:
· Representation of an international manufacturer of consumer products in multi-million dollar claims against vendor of customized warehouse management software.
· Representation of a government contractor against charges of perjury in federal criminal investigations of contract practices.
· Representation of a government contractor in investigation of alleged environmental discharge and release violations.
· Defense of a national luxury retailer in a Trademark action brought by manufacturing trade association and individual manufacturers.
· Representation of an international manufacturer of consumer goods in numerous state and federal court, individual and class, product liability actions.
· Representation of an individual campaign contributor in defense of civil RICO claims centering on campaign fundraising misconduct.
· Representation of international accounting firms in defense of securities class actions.
· Law Clerk, The Honorable Mark L. Wolf, United States District Judge, District Of Massachusetts, Boston, MA, 1993-94
· Summer Intern, Department Of The Attorney General Of Massachusetts, Executive Bureau, Boston, Summer 1991
· Special Assistant District Attorney, Norfolk County District Attorney's Office, Dedham, MA, 1998. Prosecuted numerous criminal jury and bench trials on behalf of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#2,058 in weekly profile views out of 19,323 lawyers in Boston, Massachusetts|
|#137,516 in weekly profile views out of 1,509,349 total lawyers Overall|