- Corporate & Securities
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Joint Ventures, Strategic Alliances, Collaborations & Technology Transfer
- Venture Capital & Emerging Companies
- Energy & Clean Technology
- Technology, Communications & Media
- Life Sciences
- Health Care
|Contact Info||Telephone: 212.692.6869|
Internet: Each Attorney's Internet Address takes the following form: first initial, last name @mintz.com (e.g., email@example.com)
|University ||Colgate University, B.A., 1996|
|Law School||Hofstra University, J.D., 2002|
|Admitted||2003, Massachusetts; 2011, New York|
Evan's practice involves all aspects of corporate and securities law for emerging growth, early stage and start-up companies in the digital media, energy and clean technology, sustainability and life sciences industries. He routinely advises clients on their growth and development and participates in a diverse array of transactions, from private placements of securities to mergers and acquisitions. He also counsels his clients on their daily corporate needs and has extensive experience assisting companies with compliance to federal and state securities laws.
Evan's corporate finance experience includes the completion of hundreds of venture capital and private equity financings, representing both the funds providing the capital and the companies seeking funding. He has been involved in the formation and financing of energy and clean technology companies in renewable markets, such as wind, coal, water turbines, waste treatment, and biofuels and regularly represents start-ups emerging from incubators, accelerators, laboratories and co-working spaces.
Evan is deeply involved in the start-up community in New York City and regularly advises and mentors young companies and entrepreneurs on an array of legal and business issues that they face.
He is an avid sailor.
· Represented FloDesign Wind Turbine Corp. in its Series B financing ($34.5 million)
· Represented CoalTek, Inc. in its Series C financing ($33 million)
· Represented Humedica, Inc. in its Series A financing ($30 million)
· Represented Squarespace, Inc. in its Series A financing ($38 million)
· Represented Humedica in its sale to UnitedHealth Group
· Represented Verathon, Inc. in its sale to Roper Industries, Inc.
· Represented Tandem Labs in its sale to LabCorp
· Represented Beacon Health Strategies in its sale to Diamond Castle Holdings
Recognitions & Awards
· Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star - Business/Corporate (2009)
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, Legal Committee to the Board of Directors of US Sailing
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
The New Rule 506: a Useful Crowdsourcing Tool
Evan M. Bienstock,Daniel I. DeWolf,Samuel Effron, August 8, 2013
When the JOBS Act was passed in the spring of 2012, all the “buzz” was about the imminent advent of “Crowdfunding.” But as legal practitioners, business persons, and pundits looked closer at the details under the Crowdfunding rules contained in Title III of the JOBS Act, it...
|Profile Visibility |
|#10,431 in weekly profile views out of 88,722 lawyers in New York, New York|
|#131,925 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|