Evan's practice involves all aspects of corporate and securities law for emerging growth, early stage and start-up companies in the digital media, energy and clean technology, sustainability and life sciences industries. He routinely advises clients on their growth and development and participates in a diverse array of transactions, from private placements of securities to mergers and acquisitions. He also counsels his clients on their daily corporate needs and has extensive experience assisting companies with compliance to federal and state securities laws.
Evan's corporate finance experience includes the completion of hundreds of venture capital and private equity financings, representing both the funds providing the capital and the companies seeking funding. He has been involved in the formation and financing of energy and clean technology companies in renewable markets, such as wind, coal, water turbines, waste treatment, and biofuels and regularly represents start-ups emerging from incubators, accelerators, laboratories and co-working spaces.
Evan is deeply involved in the start-up community in New York City and regularly advises and mentors young companies and entrepreneurs on an array of legal and business issues that they face.
He is an avid sailor.
• Mintz Levin Elevates Ten Attorneys to Members of the Firm, (05.16.2013)
Recognitions & Awards
• Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star - Business/Corporate (2009)
Co-author,The Entrepreneur's Shares: A Balanced Approach To Founder's Equity,Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Advisory (05.15.2014)
• Author,The Entrepreneur's Shares: A Balanced Approach To Founder's Equity, (03.2014)
• Co-author,The New Rule 506: a Useful Crowdsourcing Tool,Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Alert (08.07.2013)
• Co-author,Fiscal Cliff Legislation Extends Tax Incentive to Invest in Small Businesses,Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Alert (01.18.2013)
• Co-author,Opportunities Under New Private Placement Rules,Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Alert (10.17.2012)
• Co-author,Recent SEC Guidance on Crowdfunding,Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Alert (05.16.2012)
• Co-author,A Major Change for Traditional Private Placements,Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Alert (04.09.2012)
• Co-author,Crowdfunding: One Step Closer to Reality,Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Alert (03.27.2012)
• Co-author,Should You Consider Becoming a Benefit Corporation?,Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Alert (02.13.2012)
• Co-author,The Heat is On,The Deal Magazine (04.16.2010)
Moderator,Go-to-Market, Team Building and Intellectual Property,2014 NYC Business Clinic: Go-to-Market Strategy, Cleantech Open Northeast, New York, NY (07.17.2014)
• Speaker,Start-Up Legal Clinic, AlleyNYC and Mintz Levin, New York, NY (03.26.2014)