As a member of the Workers' Compensation Department, Frank has devoted his practice to representing employers from many different industries in a variety of Pennsylvania workers' compensation claims. He has successfully defended construction companies, food service companies, nursing homes, pharmaceutical companies, retail stores and supermarkets in cases involving hearing loss due to exposure, occupational noise, psychiatric injuries from abnormal working conditions, injuries from contact with toxic chemicals in the workplace and fatalities.
Frank's articles on important Pennsylvania workers' compensation cases frequently appear in well-known employer publications, such as the A.M. Best Insurance Digest, Counterpoint and the Pennsylvania Self Insurers' Association newsletter. He is a writer and editor of the firm's What's Hot In Workers' Comp, a monthly update on significant developments in Pennsylvania workers' compensation law. Frank has also given numerous presentations and seminars on critical developments in Pennsylvania workers' compensation law to various employer and insurance industry groups, as well as to his colleagues.
In 1986, Frank received his undergraduate degree from Villanova University. He attended the Widener University School of Law and obtained his juris doctor in 1989.
Frank is an active member of the workers' compensation sections of the Pennsylvania and Montgomery Bar associations. He also has a long association with the Upper Merion Lacrosse Club as a member of the board, as well as with the King of Prussia Soccer Club, where he has served as a soccer coach for many years.
•Marijuana in Workers' Compensation - Medical and Legal Challenges, CLM 2015 Medical Legal Summit, Chicago, Illinois, June 3, 2015
•Medicare Liens and Set-Asides and Workers' Compensation Liens, Philadelphia Bar Association's Bench-Bar & Annual Conference, October 18, 2014
•Behind the Robe: An Interview With the Judges, Roadmap to Success - Understanding Workers' Compensation, Marshall Dennehey seminar, October 24, 2013
•Career Day, Upper Merion Middle School, 2011
•Case Law Update, Broadspire and Glaxosmithkline, 2010
•Navigating the Workers' Compensation Court Room, Berkley Midatlantic Group, 2010
•How to Distinguish Between ADA, FMLA and Workers' Compensation Actions, Wegmans, 2009
•Record Retention and E-Discovery, The Addis Group, 2009
•Legal Updates: A Survival Guide, Pennsylvania Self-Insurers Association Annual Meeting, 2008
•Impact of New Vocational Regulations on Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Claims Handling, Sedgwick Claims Management Services, 2007
•Impact of New Vocational Regulations on Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Claims Handling, Cambridge Integrated Services, 2007
•The Do's and Don'ts of Utilization Reviews, Montgomery Bar Association, 2007
•Career Day, Upper Merion Middle School, 2005
•Law Day, Caley Elementary School, 2002
•Law Day, Caley Elementary School, 2001
•Ethical Considerations in Workers' Compensation, Montgomery Bar Association, 2000
•Interplay Between Workers' Compensation and Liability, Insurance Society of Philadelphia, 1999
•Act 57 and its Impact On Workers' Compensation Litigation, Pottstown Hospital, February 1998
• Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Update, Counterpoint, newsletter of the PA Defense Institute, June 2002 to present
• Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Carves Out Exception to Exclude Remedy Provisions of the Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Act For Late Manifesting Occupational Disease Claims, ABA TIPS Workers' Compensation And Employers' Liability Law Committee Newsletter, Winter 2014
• Legal Updates, Pennsylvania Self-Insurers Association Newsletter, 2009-present
• Ask an Expert, Pennsylvania Self-Insurers Association Newsletter, January 2009
•Digest of Insurance Law, Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation, Best's Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys, 2007-present
• Special Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Law Alerts, 2006-present
•Critical Case Summaries, Pennsylvania Self-Insurers Association Newsletter, 2006-2008
• What's Hot in Workers' Comp, Marshall Dennehey Workers' Compensation Department newsletter, 2002-present
• Decisions Impact Workers' Comp Benefits: Court Focuses on Release Agreement, Length of Employment, The Legal Intelligencer, March 2001
• Independent Contractor or Employee: Supreme Court Rolls Over Controversial Commonwealth Court Decision Holding That Federal and State Motor Carrier Regulations Require Finding of Employment, Defense Digest, Vol. 7, No. 2, April 2001
• Lykins: The Supreme Court Eliminates Unemployment Compensation Credit for pre-Act 44 Injuries, Counterpoint, January 1999
• Act 44 and Pre-Amendment Injuries: Banic Breaks the Mold, PSIA Workers' Compensation Newsletter, March 1996
Year Joined Organization
Class Action Band is Headed to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!
August 16, 2013
Class Action, the in-house rock and roll band at Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin, will perform in the final round of the 13th Annual Fortune Battle of the Corporate Bands competition, to take place September 28th at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio. After...
CLM 2015 Medical Legal Summit
Conference • Jun 3, 2015
Frank Wickersham, a shareholder in the Workers' Compensation Department, is presenting at the CLM 2015 Medical Legal Summit. Marijuana in Workers' Compensation - Medical and Legal Challenges, will provide an overview of marijuana...