|Contact Info||Telephone: 305.579.0610|
|University ||Florida State University, B.S., Multinational Business, Finance, cum laude, 1999|
|Law School||Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2002|
|Admitted||2002, Florida; U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida; U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida; U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida|
|Memberships ||American Bar Association; Cuban American Bar Association. |
|Born||Boston, Massachusetts, 1977|
Francisco Sanchez is a business litigator who focuses on providing clients with creative solutions that will enable them to attain their desired objectives in the most cost-effective manner possible. In addition to handling complex commercial matters in various forums, including federal and state court, administrative proceedings, and international and domestic arbitrations, Francisco's practice includes internal corporate investigations and advising clients in matters involving the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act ("FCPA") and other compliance issues. Francisco's current client base consists of a variety of corporations and businesses with international operations in Latin America and elsewhere abroad.
Areas of Concentration
· Commercial litigation
· International arbitration
· Internal investigations
· Regulatory and administrative matters
Professional & Community Involvement
· American Bar Association
· Cuban American Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2009-2013
· Listed, Legal Elite Up and Comer, Florida Trend magazine, 2010
· Represented Venezuelan brokerage firm in forfeiture proceedings in federal district court to recover multiple millions-of-dollars seized by the U.S. government.
· Participated in conducting internal investigation of large multinational company with operations throughout Latin America, concerning FCPA compliance and other corporate issues.
· Obtained final award in favor of software implementation company in multimillion-dollar international arbitration proceeding brought against it by former client for breach of contract and various fraud-based claims.
· Represented Nicaraguan ethanol producer in recovery of multimillion-euro award in international arbitration proceeding brought against purchaser for breach of purchase contract.
· Represented Canadian software company in jury trial in federal district court based on lawsuit brought by competitor for breach of contract and tortious interference.
· Represented Latin-American concert promoter in jury trial in state court based on lawsuit brought by venue owner for fraud and breach of contract.
· Obtained dismissal of bankruptcy court adversary proceeding initiated by bankruptcy trustee against national financial services institution for breach of contract, fraudulent transfer and unjust enrichment.
· Participated in conducting internal investigation of multinational company in Mexico involving various internal compliance and FCPA-related issues.
· Represented various commodities and foreign currency brokerage firms, and individual brokers, in administrative proceedings brought by self-regulatory organizations and enforcement actions brought by government agencies in federal district court.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publication s
· Author, "Hot Topics in Education," Teacher Qualifications, Georgetown Journal on Poverty Law & Policy, Volume VIII, Number 2, Summer 2001
|Profile Visibility |
|#189 in weekly profile views out of 10,187 lawyers in Miami, Florida|
|#21,000 in weekly profile views out of 1,509,349 total lawyers Overall|