As the chair of the Long-Term Care Liability Practice Group, Frank devotes much of his practice to the litigation of medical malpractice, long-term care/nursing home liability and municipal liability cases. He has handled several hundred medical malpractice claims and lawsuits.
Frank joined Marshall Dennehey as a shareholder in 2006, following 16 years as a partner at the defense firm of McDermott & McGee, where he concentrated in the defense of medical malpractice cases on behalf of physicians and in defending municipalities in civil rights and personal injury lawsuits.
Frank has represented physicians, dentists and podiatrists in health care liability/medical malpractice actions. He has taken approximately 100 cases to trial and has received a defense verdict rate in excess of 90 percent. He has successfully defended physicians in numerous cases with the potential for high jury awards, including cases involving multiple amputations, wrongful death claims, wrongful birth claims and claims for wrongful death of a fetus, by either establishing that the physician was not negligent or not the proximate cause of the plaintiff's injuries. Frank has also successfully defended numerous municipalities in personal injury claims and alleged civil rights violations.
• Aspects of Medical Malpractice Litigation, Conventus and Omni Eye Services, May 2012
• The Doctor's Deposition -- Likely the Most Important Day of the Case, MD Advantage Insurance Company, October 2010
Past Employment Positions
• McDermott & McGee, associate attorney, 1987 - 1990; partner, 1990-2006
• Edward G. D'Allesandro, associate attorney, 1985-1987
• Courter, Kobert, Laufer & Pease, associate attorney, 1983-1985
• Morris County Prosecutor's Office, assistant prosecutor, 1981-1983
Honors & Awards
• New Jersey Super Lawyer, 2010-2011
Year Joined Organization: 2006