- Corporate & Securities
- Public Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
|Contact Info||Telephone: 850.222.6891|
|University ||Auburn University, B.A., 1975|
|Law School||Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 1978 Member, Stetson Law Review and author of an article entitled: "State Taxation of Income Earned Beyond Its Borders: Allocation and Apportionment of Unitary Business Income in Florida."; University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 1979|
|Admitted||1978, Florida; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit; U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida; Supreme Court of the United States; U.S. Tax Court|
|Memberships ||American Bar Association. |
|Born||Montgomery, Alabama, February 26, 1953|
Fred Harris focuses his practice on taxation, transactional work, corporate and dispute resolution.
Areas of Concentration
· Tax litigation
· Business transactions
· Municipal finance
· Dispute resolution
· Community development district financing and restructurings
Professional & Community Involvement
· Board Member, Tallahassee Friends of the Library Endowment Trust
· Member, American Bar Association
· President, Mind, Body & Spirit, Inc.
· Vice President and Co-Founder of Truthseekers, Inc.
· Former Chair, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital Cancer Center Ride for Hope
· Former Commissioner, Winthrop Park Little League Association
· Former President, Tallahassee Habitat for Humanity
·. 580 Lifetime Batting Average
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Tax Law, 2010-2014
- "Lawyer of the Year," Corporate Law, Tallahassee, 2014
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006, 2009
· Recognized, Bond Buyer Red Book, "Bond Counsel"
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Handles multimillion-dollar transactions, ranging from public financing to mergers and acquisitions.
· Has served as bond and underwriter's counsel for many issuances of tax exempt bonds by Florida community development districts.
· Collected $270 million in 2006 in a tax refund case for the Florida Windstorm Underwriters Association.
· Collected $230 million in 2002 in a tax refund case for the Florida Residential Property and Casualty Joint Underwriting Association.
· General counsel to one of IBM's largest Business Partners.
· General counsel to National Solar.
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#196 in weekly profile views out of 2,911 lawyers in Tallahassee, Florida|
|#137,516 in weekly profile views out of 1,509,349 total lawyers Overall|