Frederick W. Dreher represents financial institutions, primarily insurance companies and banks, regarding securities law matters, raising capital publicly and privately, regulatory compliance and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Dreher is a 1965 graduate of Harvard Law School and a 1962 graduate of Princeton University and its Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs.
Areas of Practice
· Insurance Law
· Securities Law
· Banking Law
· Mergers and Acquisitions
· Represented Donegal Financial Services Corporation in its acquisition of Union National Community Bank and its pending conversion from a federal savings bank to a state savings bank.
· Formed and represent Healthcare Providers Insurance Exchange, a reciprocal insurance exchange and its accompanying attorney-in-fact that has become the third largest provider of medical professional liability insurance in Pennsylvania.
· Served as principal outside counsel to Erie Insurance Exchange and Erie Indemnity Company for more than 25 years.
· Represented REIT in 144A convertible senior note offering.
· Represented NYSE-listed manufacturing and engineering company in its merger with PEM Holding Co., an affiliate of a New York private investment partnership.
· Counsel to a publicly held real estate investment trust as issuer in its offering of trust preferred securities.
· Counsel to a national bank and its various lending subsidiaries. Also represented them in federal securities law compliance and merger and acquisition matters.
· Guided the liquidation of a New York Stock Exchange-traded bank holding company through a $3 billion purchase and assumption agreement with another bank, a $1 billion mortgage loan purchase by another bank and other selected asset sales.
· The acquisition by Donegal Mutual Insurance Company of control of members of mutual property and casualty insurance company through the use of surplus notes followed by their ultimate demutualization.
· The acquisition of control of Keefe Managers, Inc., from the Estate of Harry B. Keefe, Jr.
· The implementation of a high vote and low vote two-class voting structure for Donegal Group Inc. in which both classes of stock became listed on the Nasdaq National Market System.
· Duane Morris LLP
- Chair, Corporate Department, 1982-1998
- Of Counsel, 2007-present
- Partner, 1970-2006
- Associate, 1965-1970
Honors and Awards
· AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Civic and Charitable Activities
· Commissioner, Lower Merion Township, 1971-1979
· President, Lower Merion High School Alumni Scholarship Fund, 1970-1988
· Deacon, Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church, 1979-1982
· Directorship, Donegal Mutual Insurance Company, 1996-present
· Director, Bay View Capital Corporation, 2001-2006
Selected Speaking Engagements
· Speaker, "Raising Capital, Sensitive Disclosure Issues and Federal Securities Laws," ParenteBeard "Hot Topics in Insurance" Seminar, Paoli, Pennsylvania, September 19, 2012