About this office:
The firm started its activity in 1928, in Lisbon. It opened an office in Oporto in 1989 and an office in Maputo (Mozambique) in 1998.
In January 1998, Gonçalves Pereira, Castelo Branco & Associates together with Cuatrecasas entered into an agreement with the Brazilian law firm, Machado, Meyer, Sendacz e Opice, and the Argentinean Pérez Alati, Grondona, Benites, Arnsten & Martínez de Hoz, to cover legal assistance in the whole Ibero-American market.
In February 2000 the firm signed with Cuatrecasas law firm a professional integration agreement.
In March 2005 the firm signed with Luiz Gomes & Associados law firm, an agreement that resulted in the integration of their practices.
Today, the firm has 156 lawyers, 17 of whom are partners, and 6 permanent paralegals, with a total of 230 people working on a permanent and exclusive basis.
The firm's activity is concentrated in General Corporate and Commercial Law, Contracts, Mergers and Acquisitions, Administrative Law and Regulatory Compliance, Banking and Financial Law, Capital Markets, Real Estate, Bankruptcy, EC and Competition Law, Intellectual Property, Tax Law, Litigation, Labour, Aviation, Maritime Law and Information Technology.
The firm represents some of the major Portuguese and international companies and its lawyers are fluent in English, French and Spanish.