Gary Wilson is a senior estates and trusts lawyer in our Vancouver office. Gary has focused his practice on estates and trusts since 1976, with an emphasis on wills, estate and trust planning, probate, administration, and estate and family law mediation or litigation. He has extensive experience in planning for avoiding probate fees, minimizing capital gains tax and protecting estate plans from disappointed heirs.
Publications & Presentations
· Guest Lecturer, The Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia (CLE BC).
· Author, three chapters in the British Columbia Probate and Estate Administration Practice Manual (Chapters 15, 16 and 17, concerning executors' accounts, compensation claims by executors and administrators, and solicitors' fees), CLE BC, 2005-present (with Scott Kerwin).
· Author, "Offshore Trust Litigation," Pacific Business and Law Institute (PBLI) Conference entitled "Trusts: The Difficult Issues," May 2010 (with Scott Kerwin).
Rankings & Recognitions
· Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2014 edition (and since 2009) of The Best Lawyers in Canada® (Trusts and Estates).
· Recognized in the 2013 edition of The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Estate & Personal Tax Planning).
· Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent™ 5 out of 5 Peer Review Rated.
· Member, Estate Planning Council of Vancouver
· Member, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
· Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
· Director, Community Legal Assistance Society of Vancouver (non-profit society that provides legal assistance to persons disadvantaged by poverty, physical disability or mental illness), 1980-present
· BLG Reads to Kids (literacy program for inner-city schools), 2000-present