Gary M. Epstein counsels corporations in all phases of their transactional and financing activities.
He is consistently recognized as a leader in the legal profession by both business and legal industry publications, including Corporate Board Member, Business Leader, The Legal 500 United States and Practical Law Company's "Which Lawyer?"
Highly ranked by well-known independent legal industry directory Chambers & Partners Guide, (recognized as a "star performer," a category that surpasses a #1 ranking for individual lawyers), clients and peers called him "an extraordinary lawyer who has made his name through hard work, not through marketing" and stated "there is virtually no one like him for big-ticket M&A" (2008 edition of the Chambers USA Guide). He has also been included in The Best Lawyers in America since 1995.
Named the leader of the firm's Corporate & Securities Practice in 1996, Gary also Co-Chairs the firm's Israel Practice and often serves as a speaker at conferences and seminars in the United States and Israel.
Areas of Concentration
· Public and private offerings of securities
· Mergers and acquisitions
· Corporate planning
· Financing transactions
· Corporate governance
· Regulatory investigations
Professional & Community Involvement
· Former Chairman of the Board, American Israel Chamber of Commerce, Florida
· Former President, Miami Beach Jewish Community Center
· Member, American Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation, 1995-2014
- Named, "Lawyer of the Year," Miami Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2013
- Named, "Securities Regulation Lawyer of the Year," Miami, 2011-2012
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2008-2013
· Listed, The Legal 500 United States, 2008-2013
· Ranked, Chambers Global, Corporate/M&A, 2008-2009, 2011-2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
· Listed, South Florida Legal Guide, "South Florida's Top Lawyers," 2005, 2010-2013
· Member and Team Chairman, team ranked as a top corporate law firm in Miami as selected by corporate directors, in the annual "Legal Industry Research Study" by Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc. (10th year), 2002-2009, 2011-2012
· Listed, Lawdragon 3000, "Leading Lawyers in America," 2010
· Recommended, PLC Which Lawyer? 2009
· Listed, Florida Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," Corporate and Securities Law, 2004-2009
· Selected, Daily Business Review, "Top Dealmaker" - Mergers & Acquisitions Category, 2005
· Listed, South Florida Legal Guide, "South Florida's Top Lawyers," 2002
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represented The Seminole Tribe of Florida and its subsidiary, Seminole Hard Rock Entertainment, Inc., in the $1 billion acquisition of Hard Rock International, Inc. and other related entities from The Rank Group PLC, the first purchase of any major international corporation by a Native American tribe.
· Represented IVAX Corporation in its merger with TEVA Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., which created the largest generic drug company in the world.
· Served as issuer's and underwriters' counsel in numerous public offerings.
· Represented issuers and placement agents in numerous private financings and syndicated loans.
· Represented numerous public companies in merger transactions.
· Served as counsel to special committees in acquisition contests.
· Represented RailAmerica in acquisitions and financings that made it the largest short-line railroad in the world.
· Represented Equity One in its initial public offering, follow-on offerings and acquisitions of other public companies.
· Represented Raymond James and Ryan Beck in numerous public offerings.
· Represented the owner of a professional sports franchise in connection with its sale for the highest cash price ever paid for a sports team.
· Served as lead counsel to the team which represented Broward County, Florida in its negotiation of a $500 million resource recovery project, and in similar capacities for resource recovery projects in other areas, including Puerto Rico.
· Assisted a number of private and public companies through the capital formation process, as well as in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, tender offers and going private transactions.
· Represented Florida East Coast Industries, Inc. in its $3.5 billion merger agreement with Fortress Investment Group LLC.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Quoted, "Florida's Ties to Israel: Florida is Stepping up Efforts to Attract Israeli Firms," Florida Trend, September 18, 2013
(Also at Tel Aviv, Israel Office)