|Contact Info||Telephone: (713) 651-2936|
Fax: (713) 651-2908
|University ||Rice University, B.A., 1972|
|Law School||University of Houston, J.D., summa cum laude, 1976 Order of the Coif|
|Born||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1950|
Mr. Rachlin has more than thirty years experience in the areas of business and finance with an emphasis on real estate transactions. His experience includes real and personal property secured financing, bond and credit enhanced financing, business entity formations, and acquisition and sale of businesses.
Mr. Rachlin has represented clients in the following transactions:
· Texas counsel to a Texas private energy company in connection with its reorganization with, and obtaining financing from, a private equity fund.
· Texas counsel to a California equity fund in its acquisition of Texas office buildings.
· National franchisor in the sale of company-owned stores.
· Local Houston developer in its land assemblage program and sale to a major Texas medical center institution.
· Houston financial institution as lead lender in a line of credit in excess of $300,000,000 to a major homebuilder.
· Texas non-profit industrial development corporation in its issuance of bonds in connection with the acquisition by a third party of a major facility along the Houston ship channel. This transaction included the development corporation's leasing of the facility and assigning the lease to the eventual user.
· Two individual developers in their acquisition of a site for the construction of a high-rise residential condominium project, their formation of a joint venture with an equity partner, the sale of a portion of the site to a hotel developer and the sale of their joint venture interest to the equity partner for a large profit.
· Houston financial institution in the construction of one of its major downtown office buildings. This transaction involved the ground lease of the land to a limited partnership, a sublease of the completed building from that partnership and construction and permanent financing.
· Entrepreneur in his sale of a "life flight" helicopter which was still under contract to a major hospital in Chicago.
· Regional shopping center developer in connection with the addition of a new anchor store and the conversion of a long term lease with another anchor store to an ownership position in the regional shopping center. This transaction involved the preparation and negotiation of separate but consistent reciprocal easement and operating agreements.
· Houston financial institution in its providing credit enhancement to support tax exempt bonds for the expansion of the facilities for a major Houston charitable institution.
· Closely held computer software company in the negotiation of several software development contracts.
· Texas Medical Center institution in the financing of its new patient care center using charitable pledges as collateral.
· Two brothers in the restaurant business in the acquisition of a site in The Woodlands and the financing and construction of a Mexican-theme restaurant on the site.
· Houston financial institution in its financing of the purchase of a major Houston sports team.
· Entrepreneur in his management of an Indy race car driver, financing of an Indy race car team and enforcing his rights upon default by the Indy race car team.
· Texas counsel to an out-of-state acquisition company in its leveraged buy-outs of oil and gas gathering and pipeline systems.
Honors & Affiliations:
· American, Houston and Texas State Bar Associations - Member
· The Best Lawyers in America, 2008-2014
· Houston Achievement Place - Member of the Advisory Board
· University of Houston Law School - Adjunct Professor, 1987
· YES Prep Public Schools - Member of the Board of Directors
· The New Texas Assignment of Rents Act and its Impact on Future Real Estate Loan Transactions
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#2,068 in weekly profile views out of 25,547 lawyers in Houston, Texas|
|#131,925 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|