|Contact Info||Telephone: 310.586.7700|
|University ||University of Kansas, B.S., 1974; University of Southern California, M.F.A., Film, 1976|
|Law School||University of California at Los Angeles, School of Law, J.D., 1979|
|Born||Kansas City, Missouri, August 8, 1952|
Gary has counseled some of the most prominent independent record labels and publishers in connection with formations, sales and acquisitions. He has also represented several companies in ground-breaking catalog-wide, new media licensing arrangements with the major music labels and film studios. Gary's practice has kept with changing times, expanding into new media and technology. He advises technology entrepreneurs and companies on various issues, from start-up and formation, to expansion and acquisition by major technology companies.
Prior to joining the firm, Gary spent 34 years at the law firm of Ziffren, Brittenham LLP, where he represented and negotiated some of the most innovative deals for many of the most prominent recording artists, songwriters and producers in the world.
Gary served as an Adjunct Professor at the UCLA School of Law for 10 years.
Areas of Concentration
• New media
Professional & Community Involvement
• Board of Councilors, USC Thornton School of Music
• Executive Committee Member and Past Chairman, UCLA Entertainment Law Symposium
• Founding Director, Executive Board and Audit Committee, Private Bank of California
• Member and Past Chairman, City of Hope Music and Entertainment Committee
• Past Advisory Board Member, NARAS Entertainment Law Initiative
• Past Board Member, Bogart Labs at Los Angeles Children's Hospital
Awards & Recognition
• Listed, The Hollywood Reporter, "Power Lawyers: Top 100 Most Influential Entertainment Lawyers in America," From inception through 2014
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,949 in weekly profile views out of 32,528 lawyers in Los Angeles, California|
|#110,987 in weekly profile views out of 1,739,582 total lawyers Overall|