Established in 2007, Genesis Avocats is an independent law firm specialising in public law, town planning and development law, environmental law, and private law, in the areas of advisory, litigation and arbitration.
Genesis Avocats dedicates also resolves cases combining public law and private law, in order to respond to actual situations encountered by its clients, which are deemed to be increasingly complex.
Genesis Avocats emphasises its values: ethics, expertise, availability and personalised consultancy. It favours sustainable development projects.
The main areas of Genesis Avocats' legal practice are:
Economic public law
• Public contracts : supporting contracting authorities and companies during the preparation, signing, access and execution of public contracts (public procurement, public service delegations, public/private partnerships, public domain occupancy agreements, complex assembly of contracts, etc.), disputes on contract award and execution
• Economic aid
• Management of public services and the public domain
• Financial litigation before Regional Courts of Accounts
• Administrative disputes and strategy (emergency proceedings, procedure on the merits)
- Writing advice on invitations to tender and specifications to satisfy the requirements imposed by public law institutions.
- Analysis of the bids sent and security of the procedure.
- Pre-contractual summary proceedings and disputes relating to contract awards. Disputes relating to execution. Amicable dispute resolution.
Contracts and procedures
- Analysis and advice to recommend the most suitable contractual method: public project management, mandate or delegation.
- Drafting contracts and defining procedures: negotiation, tenders, competitive dialogue.
Service management methods
- Analysis according to the information given and selection of the most suitable management method: public work contracting, delegation, SEML, PPP, GIE, GIP, contract.
- Intervention in the sectors of development, transport, construction, energy or service management: regional laboratories, conference, cultural and sports centers.
- Management of the public domain: implementation of suitable contracts: BEA, AOT.
- Implementation of a procedure to calculate fees
Town planning and construction development
• Audits and disputes relating to building permits
• Audits and disputes relating to town planning documents
• Assistance in completing development operations (legal validation of files to create and complete mixed housing development zones, negotiation of development concessions, land allotment and group permits, implementation of land control tools: abandonment, pre-emption, compulsory purchase, etc.)
• Commercial town-planning
• Town planning taxation
• Criminal law and civil law on town planning
• Disputes concerning compulsory purchase orders before administrative and judicial judges
Audits of town planning documents
Audits and disputes relating to building permits
Compulsory purchase order procedure
Support in relation to competition procedures for the sale of sites
Analysis and drafting of specifications for the sale of land
Commercial town planning, litigation
Audits of applications for permits
Criminal law and civil law on town planning
Disputes concerning compulsory purchase orders before administrative and judicial judges
Corporate and finance
• Preparing legal deeds and documentation
• Negotiation assistance
• Acquisitions, sales, joint-ventures
• Shareholders agreements
• Restructuring national and international operations (mergers, contributions, etc.)
• Financing packages (own equity transactions, MBO, MBI)
• Capital investment
• Legal audit
• Data room
The corporate and finance department aims to evaluate the economic stakes of transactions entered into and to provide clients with effective, constructive assistance during the various phases of their planned transactions: draw up, negotiation and technical securitization. External growth operations. Capital financing and restructuring operations.