|Contact Info||Telephone: 415 957 3122|
Fax: 415 707 2093
|University ||University of Pittsburgh, B.A., summa cum laude, 1995 Phi Beta Kappa; Wake Forest University, Babcock Graduate School of Management, M.B.A., 1999|
|Law School||Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., 1999|
|Admitted||2000, California; U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California; U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California; U.S. District Court for the Central District of California; U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit|
|Memberships ||Bar Association of San Francisco (Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section). |
Geoff Heaton practices in the area of business reorganization and financial restructuring, concentrating on representation of trustees and secured and unsecured creditors in chapter 11 and 7 matters. Mr. Heaton has significant experience representing commercial landlords and software licensors in large chapter 11 cases. He routinely handles complex motion practice, has represented trustees in connection with asset sales and liquidating plans, and has prosecuted and defended hundreds of avoidance actions in jurisdictions throughout the country.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Heaton served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable James R. Grube, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California.
Mr. Heaton is a member of the State Bar of California, the Bar Association of San Francisco's Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section and the California Receivers Forum. Mr. Heaton is a 1999 graduate of Wake Forest University (J.D. and M.B.A.) and a summa cum laude graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
· Duane Morris LLP
- Special Counsel, 2008-current
- Associate, 2006-2008
· Buchalter Nemer, PC
- Associate, Financial Restructuring and Insolvency Practice Group, 2001-2006
· U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable James R. Grube, 1999-2001
· Bar Association of San Francisco
- Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section
· California Receivers Forum
Selected Speaking Engagements
· Speaker, "Chapter 7 Trustee Practice 101," The Bar Association of San Francisco presentation sponsored by the Business, Commercial and Bankruptcy Section of the Barristers Club, San Francisco, California, November 8, 2007
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,876 in weekly profile views out of 19,753 lawyers in San Francisco, California|
|#197,503 in weekly profile views out of 1,539,846 total lawyers Overall|