Mr. Arceneaux regularly serves as lead trial and litigation counsel in energy and commercial litigation, with particular experience defending legacy litigation and CERCLA cost recovery actions. Mr. Arceneaux has also handled cases involving other energy matters, including lease maintenance and royalty disputes, joint operations disputes, mass torts, and claims under the Oil Pollution Act of 1990.
He has also led and worked on numerous cases involving trade secret claims and other commercial matters, litigation of drilling contracts and related indemnity and damages issues, and a large substantial number of casualty and personal injury cases, arising principally from oil and gas operations.
Mr. Arceneaux has spoken frequently to client and continuing legal education seminars addressing legacy litigation and energy law.
Honors & Affiliations:
· Lafayette, Louisiana State and American Bar Associations - Member
· Louisiana State Bar Association - Assistant Bar Examiner
· Outstanding Young Lawyer for Louisiana, 1994
· Acadiana Legal Services Corporation - Board of Directors, 1992 to date
· Acadiana Inn of Court, 1995-1998
· Law Clerk to the Honorable Henry A. Politz, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 1986 - 1987
· The Best Lawyers in America, 2009-2014
· "Recent Developments," Louisiana Mineral Law Institute, 1995
· "Fifth Circuit Symposium: Oil and Gas," 46 Loy. L. Rev. 1 (Spring 2000)