George is a Shareholder in our Tampa office and has focused his practice in the construction industry for over 25 years. He routinely represents clients in matters such as litigation of delay, extra work claims, breach of contract actions, mining disputes, claims preparation, bid protests, OSHA matters, contract negotiation and drafting, and claims avoidance. George was previously an owner, officer and counsel to one of the largest heavy civil construction companies in Florida. In that capacity, he was responsible for contract negotiations, bid protests, owner and subcontractor relations, management of project managers and field superintendents, claims documentation and negotiation, loss control, and human resources. He is intimately familiar with the construction of roads, bridges, water and drainage systems, limerock mines, and landfills, and is personally acquainted with the management of many of the major parties involved in construction in the Southeastern United States, such as the Florida Department of Transportation, sureties, contractors, and suppliers. George is a member of the National Utility Contractors Association, Underground Utility Contractors of Florida, and The Florida Transportation Builders Association. He has also argued before the Florida Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
George has published more than 60 articles on construction law issues in various trade magazines. Issues addressed include: latent defects, over-zealous inspections, OSHA inspections, documentation of claims, venue, construction liens, surety bad faith, and bid protests.
· The Florida Bar
- Board Certified in Construction Law
- City, County and Local Government Law Section
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
· AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
· Certified Mediator
· The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation - Construction, 2010-2013
· Chambers USA, Litigation: General Commercial, 2008
· Florida Super Lawyers, Construction Litigation, 2006-2012
· Florida Trend Magazine's "Legal Elite," Construction, 2006-2007, 2009
· Litigation Counsel of America,