- Business and Class Action Litigation
- Insurance Litigation, Management and Supervision
- Automotive Finance Litigation
- Product Liability, Mass Torts and Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Defense
- Financial Institutions Litigation
|University ||University of Northern Colorado, B.S.B.A., 1987|
|Law School||Whittier College School of Law, J.D., 1995 American Jurisprudence Award - Advanced Legal Writing|
|Admitted||1996, Colorado; 2009, Nebraska; 2010, Texas; 2011, Missouri; U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit|
Memberships and Affiliations
•American Bar Association, Commercial Litigation Section
•Colorado Bar Association, Commercial Litigation Section
•Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
•Defense Research Institute, Commercial Litigation Section - Contracts/UCC Subsection
|Military||United States Marine Corp|
Mr. Koons is of counsel in the firm's Denver office and works with clients on lender liability, automotive finance, creditor's rights, commercial litigation and product liability claims. Mr. Koons is licensed in multiple jurisdictions and serves as lead counsel to major automotive financing companies on a regional basis defending them against consumer claims and enforcing their contracts. He also defends manufacturers of motor vehicles, consumer appliances and other products against product liability and breach of warranty claims on a regional basis as their lead counsel. His business-minded approach to managing litigation and resolving conflicts enables his clients to achieve their goals while reducing their litigation costs.
• Regional counsel to the financing arm/subsidiary of a Fortune 10 company managing and defending a wide range of commercial litigation lawsuits involving alleged breach of contract, lender liability, deceptive trade practices, breach of warranty and violations of consumer codes.
• Regional counsel to motor vehicle manufacturer in the defense of breach of warranty actions brought under state and federal law.
• Counsel to manufacturers of various consumer and commercial appliances with defense of product liability and breach of warranty actions.
• Tried 19 lawsuits, including four jury trials and four arbitrations, to conclusion as defense and plaintiff's counsel in claims involving negligence, breach of warranty, breach of contract and lender liability/alleged violation of consumer codes.
• Avionics Technician, United States Marine Corps.
• Licensed and actively practices law in Colorado, Texas, Missouri and Nebraska.
• Colorado Courtroom Handbook for Civil Trials; Author - Directed Verdicts, 2012.
• Navigating the Language Barrier - Colorado Automobile Dealers Association, 2007.
• Hours-of-Service Under the FMCSA-The State of the Law Today, ALFA International 2006.
• Colorado Digest of Insurance Laws - Best's Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys and Adjusters; Co-Author - Fire Insurance, A.M. Best Company, 2005.
• Colorado Construction Law; Sub-chapter Author - Subcontractor Claims.
|Reported Cases||Lincoln General Insurance Company v. Bailey, No. 08CA0371, 2009 Colo. App. LEXIS 811 (Colo. App. 2009).|
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#181 in weekly profile views out of 11,571 lawyers in Denver, Colorado|
|#19,803 in weekly profile views out of 1,568,853 total lawyers Overall|