Jed serves as general counsel to numerous public and private companies in diverse industries. He also advises closely-held businesses and their boards of directors regarding stockholder and fiduciary matters.
Among his clients are healthcare providers, lease finance companies, mutual insurance companies, technology companies, manufacturers, marketers and distributors of durable and consumer goods, software and food products, agricultural cooperatives, professional service organizations, and real estate investment and development entities. For those clients, Jed handles complex commercial transactions, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures and entity formations, both domestic and cross-border.
Jed is the immediate past Partner-in-Charge of the Firm's Boston office, and also served as a co-chair of the Firm's Business Law Department. He currently serves as Department Chair of the Public Policy and Government Relations Department, and serves on several Firm management committees.
· Acts as counsel on numerous commercial and corporate matters for a large regional health care system.
· Acts as counsel to Japanese client in forming joint ventures in Central and South America.
· Acts as outside general counsel to one of the nation's largest cranberry producers, with operations in the U.S. and Canada.
· Acts as general counsel to one of the nation's largest specialized commercial finance companies that leases and rents "micro ticket" equipment, and provides other financing services.
· Counsels Boards of Directors and Special Board Committees of public companies involving external and internal investigations.
· Represented majority stockholder interests, created a vehicle and process to appraise, auction, and negotiate with multiple suitors for the acquisition of 100% of the stock of a large regional daily newspaper, and media client, including complex negotiations with minority interests.
· Acts as outside general counsel to an international publishing client.
· Leveraging deep industry experience, assisted the nation's largest dairy farmers' cooperative, headquartered in the Mid-West, to acquire, obtain regulatory approvals for, and subsequently divest numerous Northeast dairy processors.
· Spearheaded regional food manufacturer's strategic analysis and renegotiation of burdensome consent decree with the Department of Justice, permitting enhanced growth opportunities.
Before Edwards Wildman
Jed served as Senior Vice President, General Counsel for Dennison Manufacturing Company, a worldwide Fortune 500 manufacturer and marketer of stationery products, printing and identification systems. His responsibilities included global law and intellectual property matters, and certain non-legal executive functions, such as environmental, real estate investment and development, facilities management, engineering, and quality assurance. Prior to Dennison, Jed held the position of Senior Vice President-Administration, General Counsel and Secretary at H.P. Hood Inc., the largest regional manufacturer and distributor of food products (dairy, cheese, citrus) in the Northeast. At Hood, Jed was the senior executive responsible for the law, human resources, quality assurance, regulatory and consumer affairs functions.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Jed has been and continues to be an active participant in many local and regional projects, including:
· Boston Bar Association, member of the Council
· Director, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
· Society of Fellows, Boston Bar Foundation
· Trustee, Massachusetts Bar Foundation
· Boston Public Schools, Volunteer Tutor
· Boston Plan for Excellence "Principal for a Day" Program, Boston Public Schools
· Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Author and Faculty - Member on various seminar panels
Banking & Financial Institutions
Food and Agriculture
American Bar Association
Boston Bar Association
Massachusetts Bar Association
Massachusetts Bar Foundation, Board of Trustees
Director, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, 2008-present
Council, Boston Bar Association, 2010-present
Trustee, Massachusetts Bar Foundation, 2012-present
Society of Fellows, Boston Bar Foundation